Wtb khorns

Mr Derph

Yea. Missed it by a few hours.  I understand that the people who have them, dont really want to get rid of them, and when they do they go quick.  I have a 2 year old girl, and 2 pitts.  Super mint isnt in my pocketbooks vocabulary either.  

And I know I am new here, just havent taken the time to get an intro thread going yet.  Hopefully this evening. 

Like all things, time/money. The less your budget, the longer it will take. The greater the budget, the sooner it can happen. Anything is possible if you wait long enough. With your budget expect 1000 miles one way.  Your central location will help. I think entry level is >$2K though. A $1500 pair will certainly require a substantial investment post purchase.

I recommend searching for Lascala fixers to get you over until you locate something better.  Belle will cost more due to their appearance. You will not loose any money on a Heritage Klipsch purchase you later decide to sell. Good luck on your quest.

7 hours ago, Mr Derph said:

Yea. Missed it by a few hours.  I understand that the people who have them, dont really want to get rid of them, and when they do they go quick.  I have a 2 year old girl, and 2 pitts.  Super mint isnt in my pocketbooks vocabulary either.  

And I know I am new here, just havent taken the time to get an intro thread going yet.  Hopefully this evening. 

You're better off building a pair ---all you need is elbow grease and wood -plans are all over the net ------

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Mr Derph said:

Ive cut this board 3 times already and its still too short.......

Welcome to the forum  , hope you'll find what you're looking for , we'll keep in touch if anything shows up closer to TN  -

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Like all things, time/money. The less your budget, the longer it will take. The greater the budget, the sooner it can happen. Anything is possible if you wait long enough. With your budget expect 1000 miles one way.  Your central location will help. I think entry level is >$2K though. A $1500 pair will certainly require a substantial investment post purchase.

I recommend searching for Lascala fixers to get you over until you locate something better.  Belle will cost more due to their appearance. You will not loose any money on a Heritage Klipsch purchase you later decide to sell. Good luck on your quest.

I have heard a couple pairs of cornwalls, and 1 pair khorns.  I have read a lot of people building the reflex bin just to help with the bass.  I listen to everything, from Abba to ZZ Top.  Edm, earth wind fire, coltrane, pink floyd and led zeppelin, and loads of other stuff. I love the look of la scalas, but havent listened to a pair yet.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billybob said:

The LaScala are well worth the listen.

Almost spent too much $ on some beaters the other day.  The more I looked at them, the more damage I saw. Patina was pretty though, but wasnt going to over pay for beaters, and drive 6hrs 1 ways. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Derph said:

Almost spent too much $ on some beaters the other day.  The more I looked at them, the more damage I saw. Patina was pretty though, but wasnt going to over pay for beaters, and drive 6hrs 1 ways. 

Definitely not, just be ready for what you want, when it shows.

Cool

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mr Derph said:

they are not that bad ------but they need work -----these were black speakers that were  stripped -------and they left the back panel painted black -

• Like 1