Wtb khorns

Mr Derph

On 8/6/2020 at 1:38 PM, 314carpenter said:

Like all things, time/money. The less your budget, the longer it will take. The greater the budget, the sooner it can happen. Anything is possible if you wait long enough. With your budget expect 1000 miles one way.  Your central location will help. I think entry level is >$2K though. A $1500 pair will certainly require a substantial investment post purchase.

I recommend searching for Lascala fixers to get you over until you locate something better.  Belle will cost more due to their appearance. You will not loose any money on a Heritage Klipsch purchase you later decide to sell. Good luck on your quest.

314 Carpenter has it right.  Klipschorns may be your ultimate goal but don't discount the La Scala's. They have less bass but they sound like heaven and you'll save quite alot of that green stuff in your wallet.  YMMV

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Having had Khorns, I would not go that route again under most circumstances.  Since, IMO, even Khorns benefit from subs, I would use La Scalas plus subs, or, possibly Claude’s @ClaudeJ1 quarter pi plus TH subs.

I agree. Having owned 2 pairs of Khorns over 30 years (my originals in Birch then replaced by Walnut Pair) and many pairs of LaScalas.................having to purchase Klipsch Speakers today, it would be LaScalas with bulding my own Bill Fitzmaurice Tuba HT Low Profiles firing up at the celing (I owned a pair of those too, but sold them to an Klipsch MWM guy). That combination is way better than Khorns because of broader bandwidth, lower distortion, and greater phase coherence. Also they are finally using a modern tweeter in the latest LaScalas, which is tweak that was long overdue.

But if I were to build my own, if I had a bigger room, then I would build another pair of my Quarter Pies with K-402's driven my the 2-way BMS compression driver, on top of pair of Danley TH-50 Prototype Clones, which I already have.................or Roy's 18" ported theater horn sub, which is a beast!

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 9:22 PM, Mr Derph said:

WTB "well loved" khorns.  Beer budget, champagne tastes, and have kids.  $1500.  Will rent U Haul for pickup.  Located in memphis TN, willing to drive on a weekend to pick up. 

Thanks

Daniel

Or you can just built your own for that amount of money.

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...