New guy thread.

Mr Derph

Just wanted to take the time to introduce myself.  My name is Daniel.  I have a wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, and a hobby of collecting hobbies.  Ham radio, cycling, music, disc golf, and air cooled vws are my primary money wasters.  Found klipsch speakers pretty early after getting back into home audio.

First record player was a console at 12 or so.  Used that until I moved out at 23.  Found a 80s rack system on the street a few years ago.  Used it until the whole electronics started to go bad somewhere in the thing.  Put it back on the curb a couple years ago.  Decided to buy a turntable to get back into audio after buying a house last year.  Now I have a 1200mk2, concept 4.5, and marantz LS-15A speakers.  I feel that the speakers are the weak spot, as the woofers were replaced before I got them.  

I wont have much useful audio info to share, but have already learned a lot from this forum.  

Thanks to all for the past and future information.

Daniel

Edited by Mr Derph
spelling
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr Derph said:

I wont have much useful audio info to share

Welcome.

Don't worry about it ... folks here already (think) they know everything; but most here are pretty cool.  Half the talk on this forum is in the lounge and it's generally not audio related and a good place to get to know people here. 

Another thread that gets some activity is the Right This Minute thread ... people sharing what they're currently listening to. 

Stick around. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Welcome!  All the guys with oscilloscopes left long ago.  You'll fit in fine. 

Mine is sitting on my bench.  I havent even put the tubes in it yet!  Oh well.  Soon i guess.  Then I have to learn how to use the damn thing.......