Alabama Klipsch experts

Hey there,

New to the Klipsch Community here, got my first set of Cornwalls. All original 1980 Birch Raw’s.

Absolutely loving them, but in my research I’ve heard that I should be doing a crossover modification/upgrade.

Wondering if I can find someone who knows what they’re doing in the east Alabama (Auburn) area who can put me in the right direction/do the crossover capping for me.  I would drive an hour or two if necessary.

OR is the modification something I can do myself (I’m decently handy)?

Important Side note: 

definitely also looking for input on what I should do to make the most of my new speakers - as far as modifications to the speakers themselves (or not to do anything at all)

Thanks y’all , glad to a part of this great community!

,James

1CCD6FC2-8260-4350-B3E6-84112927CD4D.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome to the family!  Bob Crites (Crites speakers) @Deang ( I'm not sure what he's taking on at this point but I'm sure will chime in), ALK engineering would have a crossover solution as well, and I'm sure there are others that can suggest people for your crossovers.  Re capping those particular crossovers should be straight forward if you have decent soldering skills, so you may just want to get caps and do it yourself.

I would decide if you're doing any modifications, prior to refreshing the networks.  If you start going down the rabbit hole of mods, you may need different networks or an active solution.  Mark down the day you joined the forum on a calendar, and how much money you spend over the next couple years.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the forums!

Just listen and enjoy for a few weeks and see if you have questions after you get used to the way they sound. After that, we can really help you to spend your money.

Bruce

What model LP is that?

13 hours ago, Marvel said:

Welcome to the forums!

Just listen and enjoy for a few weeks and see if you have questions after you get used to the way they sound. After that, we can really help you to spend your money.

Bruce

What model LP is that?

Hey there thanks for the input,

2019 LP Classic Honeyburst. Loving it. Makes me feel like I have no excuses for why I can’t play something