Piano Anyone? Sold!!

JohnJ

I have a 1990s built in TX Yamaha upright for sale.

It's in good shape, hasn't been tuned in three or four years but we do try to keep the humidity in the low to mid 40% range for this instrument! Looked up the number on the soundboard after she got it ten years ago and it told me that info. I'll find it again if there is interest.

Would need professional removal because of the hardwood floor. There is a wide doorway then a sliding glass door to the outside in the adjacent room with a four foot opening also.

Actually not sure what to ask, know what she paid a while back and her tuner thought she did well on the purchase. Of note is that it is a "short" piano the lower two or three keys are left off, strange but true.

Reasonable offer would not be refused! 

IMG-20200807-124523.jpg

• Like 4

I have a Currier that I've tried to sell. It's a nice piano, was a gift from a SIL. Agree with Dean about having a nice feeling having it in the house, but my daughter could use the money (was a gift to her and late wife). Stays in tune pretty well unless you start playing a lot of Jerry Lee Lewis style... 🤪

1 hour ago, Deang said:

We have a nice piano that is out of tune, and were told it can't be tuned. I refuse to get rid of it because I get good feels having it in the house.

Yes Sir.

The place feels even more empty since they drove off with it yesterday. Been a piano in this house as long as I can remember, heard the music from it all the same. Mom not being here, except the urn in the living room and now her thing that was her "thing" most of her entire life hit hard last evening.

IMG-20200812-123317.jpg

note the floorboard not having the newest shade on it because I was blocked from getting there. Got the flat on the walls with my brush extender couldn't get the semi-gloss.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 11:19 AM, Deang said:

We have a nice piano that is out of tune, and were told it can't be tuned. I refuse to get rid of it because I get good feels having it in the house.

So Mr. Pavarotti....what you're really saying is, it makes you sound more in-tune while singing in the shower??

My dad's wife (who is now an ordained pastor) used to be the organ player at their church.....  evidently she's classically trained on the piano and prefers to play the classics...   (you'll hear no Freebird in their living room!!)

They've got a baby grand Steinway in the living room.  So, they had a skylight on the roof....  he wanted it sprayed down to wash it...  (can you suspect where this might be going?)

Yep....  seems when the rain falls from the skys, the water drips down on the outside of the framing to keep it from entering the house.  When you instead, spray water from the ground UP to the skylight, seems water can work its way around the construction of it and.................. go dripping into the house.

Fortunately, the skylight was about four feet away from being directly over the piano..... and the piano (and I'm sure his & my lives) were spared.

Quick mop up job on the floor and nobody knew any better......except for he & I and that bond ain't talking.

:emotion-21:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jirachi said:

Why can't it be tuned?

Sometimes the wires are a hundred years old and if they've been stretched too much they can't be tuned unless they are replaced with new. If the hammers and the mechanisms that move them are shot that's thousands more. It can be an expensive pastime, passion, job!