2-way Heritage?

jdmccall

I can't say I've got a sonic preference when it comes to 2-way vs. 3-way or more.  I just like what sounds best.  When sticking to debates over the theoretical though, I suppose I would prefer a two-way.  Well actually, the best crossover would be no crossover at all.  Bring on the Bosehorn!😁

• Haha 1

Growing up, I always thought more was better'er.....  so if a speaker had 14 drivers, it had to be uber-fantastic....

Later in life, I went from the 3-way Khorn to the 2-way Jubilee....  I was astounded at some of what I was noticing and attributed it to the signal being aligned....  someone here informed me that was wrong and I was hearing this better coherency likely because it was now a 2-way verses 3- way and what I was noticing as increased coherency was the now, lack of, the second crossover point to the tweeter.

Gave me some examples of how I can go mess with things to try to validate that for myself and he was validated.  

• Like 1

As an audio-pup, I remember being impressed when hearing the different drivers of a speaker (woofer, tweeter, etc.) as distinct sound sources.  I thought that was cool.  This would probably have been the speakers that came with my first compact, "all-in-one" Realistic stereo...the "Clarinette 85"...or something like that.   Now I'm much more sophisticated.  I think it's cool when sounds seem to come from outside the plane of the speakers.😆😎🤓

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jdmccall said:

As an audio-pup, I remember being impressed when hearing the different drivers of a speaker (woofer, tweeter, etc.) as distinct sound sources.  I thought that was cool.  This would probably have been the speakers that came with my first compact, "all-in-one" Realistic stereo...the "Clarinette 85"...or something like that.   Now I'm much more sophisticated.  I think it's cool when sounds seem to come from outside the plane of the speakers.😆😎🤓

The best is when you've got your eyes closed and you're hearing instruments on the left and instruments on the right and then, bam! There's a vocal coming right from in between like there was a middle speaker!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, babadono said:

The best is when that happens and your eyes are open.

My $0.02----- Klipsch will make/change a heritage speaker from 3 way to 2 way if/when it makes it sound better.

— or maybe the Bonehead comment - it sounds “ok” - 👌