Heresy's at Goodwill

Thesmaz

I remember back in 2005 when I went to Goodwill in Denton, TX on New Years Eve, I believe, where the parking lot was literally PACKED with stuff.  I spotted a pair of 1978 unfinished birch Heresy's and quickly told a guy I wanted to buy those now.  So, he rushed them inside and priced "those homemade speakers" for $10 a pair.  Sold.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2020 at 3:43 PM, RandyH000 said:

its great for Goodwill , the will make  more  money to support  their charitable works --

Goodwill is a for profit entity and doesn't donate a reasonable amount to charity. They do have members on their board such as the chairman of Hanes who sells his clothing to Goodwill. A small percentage goes to charity

Mark

11 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Goodwill is a for profit entity

wrong -

the IRS qualifies Goodwill as a 501(c)(3) Organization

https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/charitable-organizations/exemption-requirements-501c3-organizations

Tax ID no. Goodwill Industries International Inc., or shortened to Goodwill, (stylized as goodwill) is an American nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that provides job training, employment placement services, and other community-based programs for people who have barriers preventing them from otherwise obtaining a job.

• 1 month later...