Rip Blu Ray sound track software

Coytee

I've got some BR's that I'd like to rip the sound (no visuals).  So I can put it on my Ipod and use while I'm out cutting a field or two....

Any recommendations to the software side?

Second....  I was going to buy an outboard BR player to plug into my PC....got to thinking.... could I simply use the BR player (Sony) I already HAVE??  Just plug the HDMI ...ummmm....  I might have found my flaw....  it has an HDMI output and my PC has USB inputs.

How to get from A to B?  Is there an adapter that would do this?  I COULD get an internal BR player, I was just thinking on keeping things simple.

A very flexible program by NCH called "Wavepad Sound Editor." There is a free version that might fit your needs. It is capable doing any editing that you would need. Does your BR player have RCA out and does your computer have the standard mini input? If so, you could use the standard RCA>Mini cable. For your purposes of listening to music out in the field that connection should be fine.

7 hours ago, Coytee said:

I downloaded this program.....  does it actually do the ripping?  (I've not found out how yet....still looking though)

No, it's actually real time copying but you can simply start the recording and let it run while you do other things. Once you have the sound copied and saved to the computer, you can use Wavepad Sound Editor to edit the audio as you wish by splitting the files. If you need some advice on how to do that, PM me. There are tutorials on how to use their software on the web. I don't know of any software that can "rip" (like a CD) just the sound on a DVD. There is software that can rip a DVD but they include the video also, which you don't want.