Who needs a Pre-Amp ?

joessportster

First ) I have a higher end Passive It is literally weeks old and as NEW, It is remote controlled Volume  3 input and 2 output. It is the Horneshoppe TRUTH that has RAVE reviews  They are built to order so get a new unit with no waiting.  Contact me for further information New it is 1210.00............................... 1000.00 price here

Second up)  Transcendent Sound Masterpiece 300B with remote control Volume 4 in 2 out I have 2 new pairs of PSvane 300B tubes that can go with it. It has upgraded caps as well. Not pretty but dead quiet and sounds fantastic. Also has built in Headphone amp 1200.00 

Third up) I have a VTA SP14, sounds amazing will come with a full set of tubes spares available at added $$$ This one is not Remote control. (Think Don Sachs when you look at this one, This is the base Don uses to build his 3K pre)  This Pre is a giant Killer IMHO, it has 2 adjustable stages of gain uses 4 x the venerable 6sn7 and is tube rectified  800.00

I am going to keep which ever pre I dont sell I frankly do not care which of these 3 I keep, IMHO they are all that good, Anyone with true interest can PM me For Pics and more information

1 hour ago, Madman1 said:

I’m always amazed at the quantity and quality of the gear that passes thru your hands. 

Its why I am perpetually BROKE......................☹️.................................Seriously though I just get it in my head that I need to hear something. I then go on a hunt. I only buy items I hope to improve my sound with.  I can not afford to keep it all. I also have no place to store it all 😀

I had never heard of Vac. Tube Audio  much less the SP14 Pre-amp I caught some remarks about it and looked it up. I found it has high praise bot only by the designer but others in the Industry as well as owners. The fact that Don Sachs used this to build and sell his Pre-amps is to me a HUGE thumbs up on the design.  I had to try it out and I must say I am happy I did.  I knew the 6sn7 was a superb tube when used properly in a pre-amp. I put about 6 hours on it today with a set of the Russian metal Base 6n8s tubes in her and I cold live with this pre for a very long time

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

Well as a Don Sachs Model 2 preamp owner I will say that if the SP14 is close to what I hear, it's a steal at the price Joe is asking.

Shakey

Thanks Tim.  Don actually discusses the SP14 on his site, He mentions a mod he does to use a different rectifier, He warns NOT to simply put that in a stock SP14.  Don makes them 1 hell of a lot prettier. If I had the need and the $$$ after hearing yours I would buy from him.  I am sure there is an upgrade there in sonics otherwise why bother. Hope you are still digging on those CW IV , if it wasnt a 6 hour round trip I would buy that rack even though I have absolutely no use for it

I have a difficult decision to make I guess, I was hoping the crowd would make it for me 😄