Re-Veneering project for Forte ll’s

Jvitti1970

I will be acquiring a pair of oak Forte ll that need to be re veneered. Anyone here have any tips?

i am a total novice when it comes to this stuff but i want these Fortes to look good. Are there any good videos out there to walk me through the process. I would greatly appreciate some advice or a walk through of the process

thanks in advance

Can they just be refinished?  Klipsch veneered products have been pretty good, and refinishng is a lot easier to do.  Its veneers have usually been in attractive, well-balanced grain patterns, whereas randomly-selected grains can look funny and out of place.  Also, you want almost book-matched pairs of veneers so that they look right when looking at a pair of speaks.  Lots of opportunities for going astray.  

I wasted a lot of time several years ago looking for someone who would and could re-veneer my beautiful mahogany B-style K-horns, but refinishing gave me a much better looking pair of K's!  It's hard to beat 1962 Mahogany veneers.

-- Larry

On 8/11/2020 at 3:07 PM, Jvitti1970 said:

I will be acquiring a pair of oak Forte ll that need to be re veneered. Anyone here have any tips?

i am a total novice when it comes to this stuff but i want these Fortes to look good. Are there any good videos out there to walk me through the process. I would greatly appreciate some advice or a walk through of the process

thanks in advance

the stuff aint cheap  you'll need a full sheet of veneer for the sides and tops ,  and lots of prep and good glue -----plus it's not so easy for a beginner ,

another option would be to simply take the cabs to a cabinet shop and have them bond 1/4 inch panels of oak onto the cabinet for a brand new look -

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 12:07 PM, Jvitti1970 said:

i am a total novice when it comes to this stuff but i want these Fortes to look good.

You could always paint them I've done several sets over the years and they usually turn out pretty nice.

On 8/11/2020 at 12:07 PM, Jvitti1970 said:

thanks in advance

It would be nice to see pics to get an idea what you're working with. As many and as detailed as you can.

On 8/14/2020 at 7:34 PM, oldtimer said:

You can choose any wood you like if re-veneering.  Dang Randy 1/4 inch is mighty thick.  But the cabinet shop or furniture restorer idea is solid, budget permitting.

they have 1/8  , even 1/16  -----1/4 ----whatever is cheaper -really -

• Like 1