Why Do I continue to Obsess Over Sound...

jdmccall

...even as my hearing worsens and even during periods of time (days) I'm not listening to music?  It seems crazy.  Maybe I'm crazy!  I daydream about gear, rooms, set-ups...and maybe haven't tried to actually listen to music, even though I have time and opportunity.  Weird!

2 hours ago, jdmccall said:

...even as my hearing worsens and even during periods of time (days) I'm not listening to music?  It seems crazy.  Maybe I'm crazy!  I daydream about gear, rooms, set-ups...and maybe haven't tried to actually listen to music, even though I have time and opportunity.  Weird!

Go fishing. No cell. No Mp3's.

55 minutes ago, NADman said:

Go fishing. No cell. No Mp3's.

I'm not a fisherperson and I don't own a cell phone.  I used to ride motorcycles before my wife neutered me but that was a long time ago.  When I got married I had two motorcycles: a GS1100ES Suzuki and an XL600 Honda.  In short order I had nothing but a Schwinn.  Now I don't even have that.  I do use my lack of motorized entertainment to shame my wife into going along with some of my larger audio purchases, though, so it's not all down side.

9 hours ago, jdmccall said:

Electroacoustic OCD. 

Listening, wrapping yourself in music, tends to diminish it.

When you get to one of those plateaus Schu mentioned, stop reading audio magazines, audio advertisements, magazines, websites, audio Youtubes, etc. and don't start again until something breaks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, garyrc said:

When you get to one of those plateaus Schu mentioned, stop reading audio magazines, audio advertisements, magazines, websites, audio Youtubes, etc. and don't start again until something breaks.

No You Tube videos?  Surely you jest!

• Like 1