Hey Pinballers! Show us your machines!

risingjay

You have no idea [nor do I] how many hours we played pinball instead of going to  HS. 3gm/$0.25 and you won free games. That carried over into my young adulthood. A buddy and I would go to The Pipewrench Bar.... get a pitcher of beer and beat on their machines.  Leave games for the barkeep..

one of the machines we used to beat up was Circus

Welcome to PinRescue.com - Pinball machines for sale, pinball game ...

Wish I had space to put a couple... you would never hear from me again...

• Like 3

I've had my pre-teen niece's, nephew's and cousin's who are all into gaming online come play my machine.  They we ALL blown away how fun pinball is!  There is something about playing a game that is mechanical.  Opening one of these babies up isn't for the faint of heart.  Very intimidating at first, but if you know how to read a schematic all is good.

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

don't have one, would like one.  Three that I remember especially from days gone by are:  Captain Fantastic, 8-Ball, and Cyclone.

the best classics were made between 75 and 79 ,   less electronic but a real pleasure to play -

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, risingjay said:

I've had my pre-teen niece's, nephew's and cousin's who are all into gaming online come play my machine.  They we ALL blown away how fun pinball is!  There is something about playing a game that is mechanical.  Opening one of these babies up isn't for the faint of heart.  Very intimidating at first, but if you know how to read a schematic all is good.

found it

• Haha 1

That's it!  Great find!

When I was kid my parents were in a bowling league.  They would give my brother and I quarters to play the arcade games.  There was a pinball machine there called High Speed and it always sucked my money up.  So when I was done with my quarters I would just watch other people play it.

Two years ago I wanted something to fill in an empty space in my basement so I decided on a pinball machine.  After much research I bought the sequel to High Speed called High Speed II The Getaway.  The creator of the original game got the idea for it when he was chased by the police in his Porsche.  It was the first game that truly had a story line with a mix of objectives you had to complete to move on to the next level.  What is funny is that the original game had a Lamborghini Countach but used the the exhaust note of the creators 1970 Pontac Trans Am since they couldn't get a hold of a real Lamborghini.

You know, some people pop pills for stress, I play pinball.

I've never owned one but worked on an assembly line one summer where they were being built.  They were more the home version made by a company called Coleco (remember cabbage patch dolls?) in the mid 70s.  All summer long we made "Fonzie" tables.  They'd rotate us from station weekly so we wouldn't get burned out doing the same thing for weeks on end.  For fun one of my friends or I would pretend to yawn and then watch the whole line start yawning as they saw someone else do it.  It was hilarious.

• Like 1

Always wanted one.  Played many of those things.  Went to see Walsh up in Cleveland once.  Went into this place called the Power Tower down in the Flats where the venue was.  Hit the bathroom and this fat guy was in front of me and left.  I walked outside and there he was again playing pinball so he wanted me to play a game w/him.  This guy tilted the machine on EVERY ball he played and we started laffin.  I left and went outside and everyone was hot cause I took so long.  Told em I was playing pinball w/some insane dude.  Went in, flopped in the 3rd row center and this dude comes out.  Same guy from the bathroom so I told them that was the dude I was ballin with.  They said no way.  I said yes way.  Dude walks out to the edge of the stage, saw us arguing about it and started laffin.  Went into the lil flipper movements w/his fingers and said, "Yea, it's true!"  I honestly had NO clue who it was.  So he did his thing and left for Joe to come out.  I asked them who the heck it was.  Drew Carey!  Did shut them up about my ballin though!   😂

• Like 2