Beer Drinkers

BigStewMan

How you drink your beer?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to drink your beer?

• Directly from a bottle
    • Directly from a can
    • Poured into a glass

10 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Is it a dirty glass?

I'm OCD, so I'll let you figure out my position on that matter. Although, when I was maybe 19 or 20, we were at a drive in theatre. I was opening beer bottles using the bumper of my truck. well, who knows how many beers into the night I was, but I opened a new beer took a drink and noticed that I was drinking from a broken bottle. I had an epic failure opening that beer and broke the top off the bottle and didn't notice until the sharp glass hit my lips. So, in that instance, I would have preferred a dirty glass (but I wasn't OCD then either).

5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I'm OCD, so I'll let you figure out my position on that matter. Although, when I was maybe 19 or 20, we were at a drive in theatre. I was opening beer bottles using the bumper of my truck.

how  about twist caps ---------

• Haha 3

On 8/19/2020 at 8:56 PM, BigStewMan said:

I'm drinking from a glass now (because it holds 20 ounces and I didn't want to return to the fridge in 10 minutes).  I tell ya -- right out of the bottle tastes better.

No flipping way man...That's like saying a beer from a can tastes better than in a glass.

On 8/19/2020 at 9:56 PM, BigStewMan said:

I'm drinking from a glass now (because it holds 20 ounces and I didn't want to return to the fridge in 10 minutes).  I tell ya -- right out of the bottle tastes better.

After all , it's so much more pleasant , , the bottle is clean and cold , no loss of sparkle  ---by the way the Modelo , I really enjoy  these days ,  you're right  -great beer -

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 8:56 PM, BigStewMan said:

Well you'll be 'returning' to the 'can' every 10 minutes anyway. Pun intended.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

^^^^^

No loss of sparkle drinking beers at Oktoberfest

Big wooden barrels pouring beers into Big glasses...No loss of sparkle and using the seasons temperature.

--a big party for sure ------

• 1 month later...

I bet you might saw a line at the way I saw Coors Light served over ice.... not frosted mug or even a bottle out from a tub of ice.... on the rocks. Couldn't bring myself to doing that. I was known for drinking the room temp dark Heineken  from their display. It was always fresh... I was a regular. Bar at the bowling alley where I worked. We got 2 pau hana  [at the end of our shift] drinks

I like this... done it.

anyone surprised?

the poll

I prefer in a glass at the brewery.

There was a place in Tucson, Nimbus Brewery, ..go see a band. Drink half a beer and sit on the floor. A shorter fall....

They had some decent old bands. I remember Savoy Brown

Toured some small breweries my first trip to Australia..My buddy took us in a big loop from one to another until we got back to his place. I don't really remember much of that. That whole trip was an adventure.

• Like 2

If it's a beer you want enjoy then always glass or you don't get the aroma!  That's half the deliciousness right there.

I put straight from the bottle though, since I am usually still putzing when I crack my first one and too lazy to get a glass.

Current favorite brewery- Insight https://www.insightbrewing.com/

Only distribute in MN though.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

I was in Munich for Oktoberfest in 1992.

You ever drink Bitburger while you were in Germany?  When my brother lived there, that was his favorite -- I can find here; but at only one store and they charge over $5 each; but they are 20 oz. I like it as well because it is slightly on the bitter side. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

You ever drink Bitburger while you were in Germany?

We have it available here . I remember they had it in a hotel room I stayed in at room temperature, although I don't remember how it tasted. Fwiw, I don't think it's a premium beer in Germany cuz I didn't stay in classy places. 

6 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

We have it available here . I remember they had it in a hotel room I stayed in at room temperature, although I don't remember how it tasted. Fwiw, I don't think it's a premium beer in Germany cuz I didn't stay in classy places. 

no I think it is fairly common although not equating it to German Budweiser; but I like it still.   I'll impress people with my physique or guitar playing and drink what I like. actually, I have Modelo Especial in the house now and it's time for a refill.  Stay well. 

6 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Thanks. You too. I have to wear a mask everyday at work and practice social distancing so we are doing are part.  Right now I am appreciating a seasonal beer by Stella Artois called "Summer Solstice" in a pilsner glass. Prost! 

I do like Stella, although I've never tasted the summer solstice. When I first came to Portland for my brother's medical care, there was a bar & grill across the street from the hotel. We went there for lunch and they had a special going on ... $5 Stella's and you got to keep the Stella glass. So, I got a few of them. 

I stopped working a few years ago because I was just getting tired of it. People told me that I was too young to retire; but I was never one that listened to others -- I do regret it. Too much time on my hands has not been kind to me -- plus, it cost me quite a bit financially to retire. I'm getting by just fine; but miss all that extra cash.