Beer Drinkers

BigStewMan

How you drink your beer?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to drink your beer?

• Directly from a bottle
    • Directly from a can
    • Poured into a glass

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

the cool thing about the Stella is the paper trim around the cap  ---------you tear it off as you remove the cap and you know the top of the bottle is clean --------

I drink Modelo when the store is out of Molson.  Modelo has the foil cap and it drives me nuts!

45 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I drink Modelo when the store is out of Molson.  Modelo has the foil cap and it drives me nuts!

yeah , I drink it too ------------it's stuck all around PITA  ----another great beer is GROLSCH-----we used to get it in 450ml  ------now they are regular size only ---------I re-use the bottles when I make my own beer -------

image.jpeg.86a441f109f2db51c815ab990818ad63.jpeg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

yeah , I drink it too ------------it's stuck all around PITA  ----another great beer is GROLSCH-----we used to get it in 450ml  ------now they are regular size only ---------I re-use the bottles when I make my own beer -------

image.jpeg.86a441f109f2db51c815ab990818ad63.jpeg

Oh yeah,haven't seen any locally for a while so it fell off my radar.

I'd rock some of that if I see it anywhere. 

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2020 at 11:18 PM, BigStewMan said:

I watched a tv show about beer and the "experts" were saying that beer tastes better from a glass as opposed to directly from a bottle or can.  My brother has always poured into a glass. I've been doing both and found that I like it better directly from the bottle.  Obviously, I'd rather have it on tap, but the kegerator didn't make the move with me. What is your preference?

if it's in a bottle it's in the glass !

19 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

if it's in a bottle it's in the glass !

here's the claim -- not saying that they're right or wrong -- I just don't see THAT big of a difference and like I said, I'm finding it tasting better right from the bottle. Paradoxically, I think I can smell it better from the bottle. so I'm quite messed up:

The number one, for reals, no-joking-around reason to pour your beer in a glass is aroma. Aroma plays a huge role in how we perceive flavor, as we all know from the experience of eating while nursing a head cold — the food tastes super bland, right?! Drinking beer straight from a bottle or a can is essentially cutting off your sense of smell and changes the way the beer tastes quite significantly.

Compare that to drinking beer from a glass. Pouring your beer straight down into the glass activates the carbonation and creates a foamy head. Every time one of those tiny bubbles pops, it releases a little burst of aroma. The aromas you inhale as you take a sip then mix with the tastes on your tongue, giving you a full-on flavor experience. Savor the flavor, baby!

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

here's the claim -- not saying that they're right or wrong -- I just don't see THAT big of a difference and like I said, I'm finding it tasting better right from the bottle. Paradoxically, I think I can smell it better from the bottle. so I'm quite messed up:

The number one, for reals, no-joking-around reason to pour your beer in a glass is aroma. Aroma plays a huge role in how we perceive flavor, as we all know from the experience of eating while nursing a head cold — the food tastes super bland, right?! Drinking beer straight from a bottle or a can is essentially cutting off your sense of smell and changes the way the beer tastes quite significantly.

Compare that to drinking beer from a glass. Pouring your beer straight down into the glass activates the carbonation and creates a foamy head. Every time one of those tiny bubbles pops, it releases a little burst of aroma. The aromas you inhale as you take a sip then mix with the tastes on your tongue, giving you a full-on flavor experience. Savor the flavor, baby!

The color of the bottle also plays a role...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, babadono said:

America's craft brewers make excellent grog

When ordering away from home, I always ask the server what's local that they serve. I prefer a bottle then so that I can read the label. Life's too short to drink the mass produced stuff we drank in junior high school when we got lucky enough to persuade a stranger to buy us a six pack at 7-Eleven.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Davecv41 said:

When ordering away from home, I always ask the server what's local that they serve. I prefer a bottle then so that I can read the label. Life's too short to drink the mass produced stuff we drank in junior high school when we got lucky enough to persuade a stranger to buy us a six pack at 7-Eleven.

I would ask the stranger to buy me a Stroh's 30-pack, then negotiate down.

I'll drink dishwater before I'll drink Budweiser; but do people pour Bud into a frosty mug?  

I do want to drink a Hamms to see how bad it is or maybe it's not that bad?  Just those old commercials from the 60s and 70s with the bear out camping and such ... beer memories. 

My first extended bout of drinking was when I was 13 or 14 and went camping with my hippie cousin and all her hippie friends. they let me drink as much as I wanted. It was Miller High Life ... I've not had one since, although I did go through a time of drinking Miller Genuine Draft. When I hit high school and my brother in law would let me drink, he drank Michelob.  As an adult,  it was mostly Moosehead, Molson, or Yukon Gold ... a Labatts every now & then.  

• Like 1

Put a lime in a Miller High Life and it's just like a Corona... albeit a bit less expensive.😉

I usually and drinking Yuengling... it's cheap, but still has a reasonable flavor.  I like a lot of the pale ales out there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

India Pale Ale has to be my least favorite style of all time.  It's awful, but checking into the origins tells one why.  Other pales are well, also pale.  If it isn't a loaf of bread in every bottle, it just isn't food.

I get that, too. I like darks, Fat Tirewould befine, even Guiness, but they do get their water from the River Liffey. 😝

It's like drinking a loaf of bread.

Bottle or glass.  Cans suck......as does Old English 800.  Use to go into a bar and order obscure beers that I knew they would not have Wiedemann, Red Stripe, Old English 800,  PBR, Country Club, Colt 45, Carling Black Label, Schlitz.  The 25 year old female bar tender would seem so confused...........

• Haha 1