Beer Drinkers

BigStewMan

How you drink your beer?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to drink your beer?

• Directly from a bottle
    • Directly from a can
    • Poured into a glass

1 minute ago, Tarheel said:

Once went to a bar in Greensboro, NC to hear a group called The Hot Nuts.  There were 6 beer taps.....ready for this?  All were Black Label.  Three of us drove 200 miles in my Triumph TR-3 to get there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Once went to a bar in Greensboro, NC to hear a group called The Hot Nuts.  There were 6 beer taps.....ready for this?  All were Black Label.  Three of us drove 200 miles in my Triumph TR-3 to get there. 

My brother in law "who by the way lives in High Point" always drank Black Label in the can. Come to think of it he would also buy the cheapest bourbon he could find and mix it with almost frozen Schweppes ginger ale.

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2020 at 7:16 AM, pbphoto said:

I would ask the stranger to buy me a Stroh's 30-pack, then negotiate down.

Beer wasn't sold in mass quantities back then, besides, handing off a pallet of 3.2 to a kid on a newspaper bike would have attracted too much unwanted attention. We took what we could get; a 6-pack of Mickey's if the beer gods were smiling, cans of Coors if they weren't. Quarts of Miller were considered a score, especially on the way to a drive-in movie.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 9:03 AM, Tarheel said:

Cool, Carling Black Label...

Nice adventure!

Hope  was cold, lol

Just an FYI to all you frosted mug/glass types. That is the audio equivalent of solid state console from the late early 70s. Complete with record changer and 19" TV that gets 3 channels. If you like it you like it and more power to you, rock on.

Great for the B/M/C crowd or really crappy beer. For anything with the intended purpose of tasking like a style of beer beyond American Light Lager you should be drinking from the appropriate stemware given the style and at room temperature. Beers taste like its intended to, closer to 40 degrees than at 30 degrees. My beer cooler is set around 38 degrees and my 50+ beer glasses are all at room temperature. So in a sip or two I've equalized to about 42 degrees for the remainder of the gulps. If your glass EVER gets washed with soap throw it away or move it to being a water/soda/booze glass. Any residual soap in the tiniest of form will kill the head.

Beer snob out!

• Haha 1