Beer Drinkers

BigStewMan

How you drink your beer?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to drink your beer?

• Directly from a bottle
    • Directly from a can
    • Poured into a glass

• 3 weeks later...

@SeadocWas this your experience?

2020-12-06 Crowler poured yesterday at Sam the Beer Man.
I'm so thankful that 3F has been able to expand their distribution. I've been planning a return trip for a while...and then there was 2020. This too shall pass.
Look...is every bit a "5". Translucent...on the brink of clarity; very important that i don't mistake this from a beverage that i couldn't consider if i was vegan. Pours a shaded peachy golden color with better a two finger lite tan loose collar that resists fading, This guy enjoys optimum effervescence and leaves a fair amount of lacing.
Smell...I like to judge this by a couple of factors; the aggressiveness of the experience and the component characteristics. I almost docked this. It hit me immediately but it was from less than 'arms reach', ha! When i held this up, it was like being back at the brewpub. This, to me, defines the aroma of a CLASSIC 'Imperial IPA'.Perfectly balanced tangy orange and vanilla maltiness with those grassy hop notes.
TASTE/FEEL/OVERALL... this is the THING! You almost can't judge these separately. It's bright and out-of -the-box creamy. Sweet and hoppy. It's 'Imperial' but it doesn't kick you in the face. The flavor finishes with piney grassy notes that linger on-and-on. Very appropriate (old's cool).
It pretty much doesn't get much better than this!!
My hat is off to Three Floyds and Sam the Beer Man. Happy Holidays my friends.

On 2/13/2021 at 5:04 PM, MyOwn said:

@SeadocWas this your experience?

My hat is off to Three Floyds and Sam the Beer Man. Happy Holidays my friends.

Three Floyd's is definitely a gem to have a little drive away.  With so many micro brew established and so many up and coming it is getting difficult to have and keep favorites.  For those who have not tried these, but are looking for new favorites - Beer advocate rates these in the top 100. 

-Three Floyds => Zombie Dust

-Bells Brewery => Two Hearted Ale

-Peoples Brewing Company => Mound Builder

Prost/Cin cin/Salud/Slainte/Skal/Cheers

• Like 2

have any of you had any dogfish head?  I've heard it's good; but have never tried it.  my local grocery store only carries Dogfish Head Slightly Mighty IPA. I may give it a whirl.

Have had many and never disappointed. Popular here in the Annapolis, MD area.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

have any of you had any dogfish head?  I've heard it's good; but have never tried it.  my local grocery store only carries Dogfish Head Slightly Mighty IPA. I may give it a whirl.

Pretty decent lawn mower beer or for poolside. DFH has a lot of ones I'd try before that. None of theirs are bad...some are better than others. I was a bit disappointed with one of their latest concoctions Campfire Amplifier....worth a 6-pack but probably won't pick it up again. 60 Minute and 90 Minute are modern classics. 120 is one to be sought out and tried both fresh and several years down the road. One of my favorites from them is Palo Santo Marron. I just looked and it got a 94 on beer advocate so I must not be alone. World Wide Stout and Olde School Barleywine are others that change greatly over the years....for the better.

One of my favorites is Perfect Disguise. The label is almost as good as the beer. A hop flower "disguised" as a German (Kolsh beer if you want to google the details). Like him or not the Craft Beer industry would not be half of what it is with out Sam (Calagione, not Adams) though Jim is no slouch either.

dogfish_head_the_perfect_disguise-525x34

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rplace said:

Pretty decent lawn mower beer or for poolside. DFH has a lot of ones I'd try before that. None of theirs are bad...some are better than others. I was a bit disappointed with one of their latest concoctions Campfire Amplifier....worth a 6-pack but probably won't pick it up again. 60 Minute and 90 Minute are modern classics. 120 is one to be sought out and tried both fresh and several years down the road. One of my favorites from them is Palo Santo Marron. I just looked and it got a 94 on beer advocate so I must not be alone. World Wide Stout and Olde School Barleywine are others that change greatly over the years....for the better.

One of my favorites is Perfect Disguise. The label is almost as good as the beer. A hop flower "disguised" as a German (Kolsh beer if you want to google the details). Like him or not the Craft Beer industry would not be half of what it is with out Sam (Calagione, not Adams) though Jim is no slouch either.

dogfish_head_the_perfect_disguise-525x34

I brought a growler of Utopia 120 back to TX (along with others) when we went to the Dogfish Head brewery.  Its their 120 aged in Samuel Adams Utopia barrels.  Its unbelievable.   Over 15% ABV.  We also brought back a growler of the Pan da Cocoa.  Its a chocolate beer that is absolutely decadent.

36 minutes ago, babadono said:

^ Mmmmmmmmmm........ Lucky bastard..OK not lucky I know you had to drive a long way.

I have a half dozen bottles that you can only get there as well.  Bottles are really thick walled and have a cork and wire retainer like champaign bottles. 

On 2/15/2021 at 10:50 AM, Seadoc said:

For those who have not tried these, but are looking for new favorites - Beer advocate rates these in the top 100. 

-Three Floyds => Zombie Dust

-Bells Brewery => Two Hearted Ale

-Peoples Brewing Company => Mound Builder

Will do 🙂

On 2/16/2021 at 2:10 PM, CECAA850 said:

Old school

• 2 weeks later...

So my last grocery order, they were out of the beer that I ordered and offered a substitute. never heard of it; but figured that I'd give it a whirl. it's called Voodoo Ranger American Haze. 

Just popped open a can and not sure that I like it.  For one, it is too citrusy ... and it smells like marijuana. You know that skunk smell. 

I won't buy it again. Glad that I also bought some Guinness Draught.  I've realized that I don't like fruity beer. I really can't imagine them creating this and thinking "oh yes, this is it."