RF7II's vs. Heresy's

JT-TX

I recently got a pair of Heresy 1's in pretty bad shape. I re-veneered them, put in new diaphragms in the tweeters, replaced a woofer and re-capped with sonicaps. All in all, paired with an SVS PC2000, they sound great! I had RP600m's for the front mains but when I got the heresy's, I put the Heresy's in the front and moved the RP600m's to the rear surrounds. I watch 80% movies and 20% music and right now powered with an Onkyo TX NR646 (100 wpc). I plan on eventuallty buying a marantz or Denon with more juice and MAYBE adding a small amp for the front stage (although it sounds great as-is). My question is to those who have owned both, would you consider the RF7II's and upgrade or remain with the Heresy's? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum JT,

I don´t own RF7´s, but i do Heresys, first generation too. As far as i´ve read here in the forums, You can´t really compare the two.

The 7´s are all Ooomph, more modern, a lot more bass and power to fill a room(my guess).

I use my Heresy´s for music only, the woofers are decent for music, but not enough for HT. In my opinion H1s would be a waste in HT.

I´m even considering buying a turntable again, just to enjoy th H´s.

But all that is just my opinion, my 2C´s.

André

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Welcome to the forum JT,

I don´t own RF7´s, but i do Heresys, first generation too. As far as i´ve read here in the forums, You can´t really compare the two.

The 7´s are all Ooomph, more modern, a lot more bass and power to fill a room(my guess).

I use my Heresy´s for music only, the woofers are decent for music, but not enough for HT. In my opinion H1s would be a waste in HT.

I´m even considering buying a turntable again, just to enjoy th H´s.

But all that is just my opinion, my 2C´s.

André

Thanks,..The bass in my 1st gen isn't really that bad and with the PC2000, it sounds great even for movies. Just didn't know if the RF's were worth the upgrade. 

12 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I had original RF-7s and vastly prefer my Heresys to them. 

Thanks..good to know. I live out in the sticks so not really any place to go listen. 

Both sound fantastic in their own way.

I have RF-63s, RB-75,s, Heresys and Heresy 2s and think they all sound great in their prospective rigs/rooms.  IMO, none sound "better" than the other.

@JT-TX,

Move those Heresy 1s to a stereo rig and get the RF-7IIs for your HT system.

Bill

41 minutes ago, willland said:

Both sound fantastic in their own way.

I have RF-63s, RB-75,s, Heresys and Heresy 2s and think they all sound great in their prospective rigs/rooms.  IMO, none sound "better" than the other.

@JT-TX,

Move those Heresy 1s to a stereo rig and get the RF-7IIs for your HT system.

Bill

Thats what I'm thinking but in truth if the RF7II's don't sound any better, why bother? I can have an awesome HT and one that plays music just as well. Either way. If I find a really good deal on RF7II (or III's if I'm really lucky), I'll grab them. . A dedicated music setup with the Heresy's, the SVS Sub and a tube amp with a streamer does sound like a good idea though. Of course, then I'll want the CW's :) 

• Like 1

I guess the only issue is with home theater there really isn't any traditional horizontal Klipsch center that goes well with Heresys.  The Reference series has several to choose from. 

I tried an Academy which most would recommend.  Sold it after a few weeks with it.  Phantom sounds infinitely better to me.  Some day I'll run across a single Heresy. 

10 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I guess the only issue is with home theater there really isn't any traditional horizontal Klipsch center that goes well with Heresys.  The Reference series has several to choose from. 

I tried an Academy which most would recommend.  Sold it after a few weeks with it.  Phantom sounds infinitely better to me.  Some day I'll run across a single Heresy. 

Call me crazy but I'm using the RP500c now and it sounds fine to my ears for movies. For music I listen in stereo with the Sub. I've tried dolby surround for music but the center doesn't mix well in that format. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...