Theater Room Help (Surrounds and Atmos)

buzzer285

Hello,

I am currently building a home theater room on my finished 3rd floor in my house. It will be a 7.1.2 setup. I currently have a 110" screen, Epson Pro Cinema 4050 projector, and I just ordered a Denon 4700H receiver. I am looking for recommendations on my surround speakers. The room is 14' wide by 20' deep with some angled ceilings.

The speakers I have chosen so far are:

RP8000F for the fronts

RP504C for the center

SPL 120 for the subs

I'm looking for recommendations on the on the surround and surround rear speakers.

I'm leaning towards RP502S (wall mounted) for surround and RP600M (on stands) for surround rears. Thoughts on this?

Other options would be the PRO-180-RPW for the surrounds. If I did the PRO-180-RPW on the surround rears, they wouldn't be pointed at the seating area.

One more option would be RP600M for all 4 surrounds but the surrounds would create a tight walking space around the sofa.

Also, what speakers do you recommend for the 2 Atmos?

Thank you,

Theater Room 3.jpg

The fronts and center are excellent choices so far. I don't have any personal experience with the PRO-180-RPW, although I do use the PRO-180RPC IN-CEILING SPEAKERS for my Dolby Atmos speakers, and they are awesome, so I'm sure the in-wall will be excellent too. But a lot of people go the route of RP-502S for surround and RP-600M for rear surround, and have been very happy, so I don't think you can go wrong either way, but personally, I'd go for the latter if you can afford it.

RP-600's are quite a deep speaker to have on the side wall of a relatively narrow room, so this would probably be less desirable and definitely not necessary. RP-502S will be more practical here...

For Atmos speakers, definitely go in-ceiling for these. I can highly recommend the PRO-180RPC for this purpose. 

If I can make one final recommendation... don't skimp on the subwoofer. If you can afford it, rather get the SPL-150 (15 inch), and even better would be two of them to distribute the bass more evenly to your various seats... or start with one, and then get another one when you can afford it...

I hope this helps.

Brendon