SWAG is on like Donkey Kong.

59 minutes ago, babadono said:

How long is the drive? google says 3 hrs 20 mins.

If there is no traffic and you do not stop that is accurate.  I live 10 miles (farther) from DFW airport and I usually make it in about 3 1/2 hours if it is not rush hour.

6 hours ago, rockhound said:

If anyone is headed to SWAG and can pony express a pair of Kp-3002's and a small rack I would really appreciate it. They are located in Valley View just North of Denton Texas. I might be able to get these to someone in Dallas with enough heads up.

I may be able to help.  I'll PM you.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 7:51 PM, CECAA850 said:

3 of us so far at the Hampton that I know of.

I'm still trying to get my money refunded from the Super 8 after cancelling in March. Expedia shows it as an open reservation even though I cancelled with the hotel in Hope. Has anyone else had issues with the refund?

Mark

1 hour ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Has anyone else had issues with the refund?

Yes. I booked through Hotels.com.(part of expedia I think). They billed my credit card immediately. If you book with the hotel directly they won't charge you until after your stay. When the April date got postponed I tried to cancel. No Go. Finally had to dispute with the CC company. So after about 3 months it finally got straightened out. What did I learn? HOTELS.COM NEVER AGAIN.

On 9/5/2020 at 10:49 PM, babadono said:

Yes. I booked through Hotels.com.(part of expedia I think). They billed my credit card immediately. If you book with the hotel directly they won't charge you until after your stay. When the April date got postponed I tried to cancel. No Go. Finally had to dispute with the CC company. So after about 3 months it finally got straightened out. What did I learn? HOTELS.COM NEVER AGAIN.

Expedia said they need to Super 8 to approve the refund before it can be processed. I guess I need to dispute it with the CC company. WTF

Is this part of the reason some of you are staying at the Hampton?

Mark

On 9/3/2020 at 6:37 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

That's dedication right there.

On 9/3/2020 at 7:51 PM, CECAA850 said:

3 of us so far at the Hampton that I know of.

Three of you - in one room? That ain’t dedication - that’s downright perverse. But then again, it is Carl. And it is in Arkansas so yeah, it makes some sense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Expedia said they need to Super 8 to approve the refund before it can be processed. I guess I need to dispute it with the CC company. WTF

Is this part of the reason some of you are staying at the Hampton?

Mark

Mark, I called the Super 8 myself after booking through Expedia and being told the same thing.  It was a little back and forth, but Super 8 approved the refund and Expedia verified it with them and in about 45 days, I got the refund.  I would call the hotel first and have that discussion.  

• Thanks 1