SWAG is on like Donkey Kong.

Last one for the evening, but I was way too keyed up from the drive to just go to sleep.

@kirby said I really needed to try and get by @Dave A to listen to the supers and he was correct.  Understand that what we had at SWAG was great, but the supers and the 402's were the best pair of speakers I've ever heard, period.  Funny how we were chatting at SWAG about how all speakers really need a sub and we were listening to different speakers with and without the sub just to hear on the fly what they were all like without a sub.  The Super MWM's, don't need no freaking sub and I would be shocked if you all don't agree when you've had an opportunity to hear them.  Obviously, they aren't going to be in many home applications due to the size, but I've got to hear these things in the same type of setting where they can really be opened up.  Absolutely amazing, IMHO.  Thanks Dave, I wish I would have had more time, but we're going to do it at the next event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hated that I could not make it after all the anticipation. I love to see the look on peoples faces when I fire the big boys up and never get tired of listening to them myself. Talking to tweeter buyers at times is fun as they describe their really "big" speakers like Fortes and Cornwalls and Chorus. I just bite my tongue and think they have no idea. If you guys think the cannon in the 1812 Overture is good wait until you hear Japanese Fireworks.

Good to see that Chorus I there as of all the Klipsch vintage speakers I get or have played with I think they respond the best to a couple of simple upgrades. They are my all time veneer Klipsch favorites.

By the way I never mind visitors and will make time for anyone who wants to stop in, just call first. Somehow it is more fun to listen with fellow enthusiasts then it is by myself.

Pete even got to see one of the dreaded trip destroying donut fryer lift forks.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

For some reason, I can't view the pictures posted by SeaDog!?!?

Tried, FireFox, Chrome, New/Old Edge but all I get is broken image on the site the pics are hosted on.

Judging from the comments, some are able to view the pictures.

@Seadog

No problem with viewing on a PC or my phone.  Sounds like it's on your end..

9 hours ago, Pete H said:

Not to toot my own horns @CECAA850 I'm thrilled with the splits.  Just an FYI, the pick showed the ZPX horn and the Beyma tweeter, but the other one had a goldwood 450 horn with Dave's LMAHL with DE10 driver.  No contest on the tweeter @Dave A MAHLS are fantastic. 

Pete, here are photos of the tweeter on the other Mini Punch (sorry to have omitted this important distinction!).

20200926-140312.jpg

20200926-140324.jpg

20200925-165311-1.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

For some reason, I can't view the pictures posted by SeaDog!?!?

Tried, FireFox, Chrome, New/Old Edge but all I get is broken image on the site the pics are hosted on.

Judging from the comments, some are able to view the pictures.

@Seadog

@DoubleJ  Since I have exceeded my Klipsch Forum file storage allocation, I am using the postimage website to store and post the images.  There should be no restrictions.  Not sure why you cannot view these.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pete H said:

I believe all of those bottles on the table got kicked and there might have been a couple more kicked or at least dented pretty bad.  

Only person that kicked that bottle of London No 1 gin was me I think. Tasted about the same there as it does at home, although @CECAA850 does have his way with the shaker:)

Just not a bourbon guy and no cell, yea I'm weird.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, billybob said:

How did the Chorus perform?

Thanks!

It sounded really nice.  I recapped the crossover for Jerry and we installed the MAHL tweeters with B&C drivers.  @rockhound seemed to like how they turned out.

He originally had an issue with one tweeter cutting out.  I found a cold solder joint where one of the wires attached to PCB and fixed it while I was recapping them.  It never cut out the whole time we played them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Again a Big Thank you to @Seadog and @Pete H for bringing the food to the venue. No one HAD to leave during either day to go back to town for nourishment. The ribs (BBQ or smoked?) and beans were excellent (Seadog) as was the pulled pork and chili(Pete H)

No set mealtimes just if you're hungry go grab some chow.

And @kirby thanks for the buns and chips to go along with. You safely home?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, babadono said:

Again a Big Thank you to @Seadog and @Pete H for bringing the food to the venue. No one HAD to leave during either day to go back to town for nourishment. The ribs (BBQ or smoked?) and beans were excellent (Seadog) as was the pulled pork and chili(Pete H)

No set mealtimes just if you're hungry go grab some chow.

And @kirby thanks for the buns and chips to go along with. You safely home?

Yes, excellent food guys thank you. Wish I was there the night before to sample some of the drinks. It was interesting running into you all Saturday morning at the hotel. I just checked out, looked over and saw 5 strangers sitting and chatting, I instantly knew they were the Klipsch gang (instantly recognized Carl from a Pilgrimage photo) didn't take long to figure out who was who (Seadog in this Seadog shirt) These guys instantly made me feel at home. Even though I only spent about 7 hours with them, I know enough to want to go back again. Great people, good tunes, spectacular sound, awesome venue, hard to beat.

• Like 5