SWAG is on like Donkey Kong.

2 minutes ago, babadono said:

Prolly cost me around $1K to fly from Cal., hotel in Hope, rent a car from Dallas. Worth every penny.

Just big fun.

About $450 for me as long as we don't include the price of the bourbon.  LOL.  Absolutely worth every penny.  It ranks up there with the first one 6 years ago as one of my all time favorite visits to Hope.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Yes, excellent food guys thank you. Wish I was there the night before to sample some of the drinks. It was interesting running into you all Saturday morning at the hotel. I just checked out, looked over and saw 5 strangers sitting and chatting, I instantly knew they were the Klipsch gang (instantly recognized Carl from a Pilgrimage photo) didn't take long to figure out who was who (Seadog in this Seadog shirt) These guys instantly made me feel at home. Even though I only spent about 7 hours with them, I know enough to want to go back again. Great people, good tunes, spectacular sound, awesome venue, hard to beat.

That's quite literally the entire point of this event. Everyone comes from a very diverse socioeconomic background, the full spectrum of equipment, and a shared enjoyment of sound reproduction. The event is meant to put names to faces, share gear when possible, and otherwise just have a good time to get to know people in a 3-dimensional way.

I'd have been quite disappointed in that crew if you reported anything other than what you described.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, babadono said:

After all I got Devastated:)

That sub is awesome.

I'm going to contact @LTD02 and see if it would be a major deal to truncate the lower back of that cabinet for casters.

Are you planning on moving it often after it's built?  Most subs are set it and forget it.  If not, a furniture dolly will get you where you need to go. 

10 minutes ago, babadono said:

the emperor of Austria says to Mozart "doesn't it have too many notes"

In a fictitious movie.

After the premiere of Mozart’s opera Die Entführung aus dem Serail (The Abduction from the Seraglio or Harem), it is said that Emperor Joseph II told the composer something around these lines: “Too beautiful for our ears, my dear Mozart, and an awful lot of notes.” To which Mozart replied: “Exactly as many as are necessary, Your Majesty.” It isn’t certain if this episode ever took place but if the Emperor really said that, Mozart’s reply was in line with his personality and with the fact he knew the quality of his music. As a composer Mozart was far ahead of his time and aware of it.

18 hours ago, Pete H said:

Last one for the evening, but I was way too keyed up from the drive to just go to sleep.

@kirby said I really needed to try and get by @Dave A to listen to the supers and he was correct.  Understand that what we had at SWAG was great, but the supers and the 402's were the best pair of speakers I've ever heard, period.  Funny how we were chatting at SWAG about how all speakers really need a sub and we were listening to different speakers with and without the sub just to hear on the fly what they were all like without a sub.  The Super MWM's, don't need no freaking sub and I would be shocked if you all don't agree when you've had an opportunity to hear them.  Obviously, they aren't going to be in many home applications due to the size, but I've got to hear these things in the same type of setting where they can really be opened up.  Absolutely amazing, IMHO.  Thanks Dave, I wish I would have had more time, but we're going to do it at the next event.

All I can say is having the freedom and opportunity to design a 9 foot W horn with someone else's time, money, and Lumber has been a lot of fun for me and I finally got to drive down to TN hear them too in Jan. before the Herr Governator of Mich. put her cabosh on everything. 

Trailer is unloaded, blown out, pressure washed and ready to go back, but not today.  Truck still has to be unloaded, but started to rain, which reminds me of a Jackyl tune we listened to, but anyway, Huge difference between meeting people and getting to know them, it's my kind of party when you really get to develop relationships with people that will grow over time, and this was certainly that, for those that I had met, but now I've started to get to know.  

General thoughts, after 4 hrs of sleep and 1100 miles..........................so take it for what it's worth.

1.  i tend to agree with @Thaddeus Smith that the number of people can affect the experience and we need to consider that going forward.

2.  I'm not driving to Hope next year with all this gear, and we need to consider this as a traveling event, relatively close to a major airport, and the attendees within reasonable driving distance, can bring the gear, while those that have to fly, won't have a 3-4 hour drive after they arrive.

3.  We need to find a venue that has outdoor and indoor capabilities, we were fortunate to have weather that allowed us to rock outside for the entire time.  

4.  Already thinking about the next one, is a wonderful thing and thanks to all that made it, as well as those that were planning on it and couldn't.  I can't say enough, what a great time I had. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

All I can say is having the freedom and opportunity to design a 9 foot W horn with someone else's time, money, and Lumber has been a lot of fun for me and I finally got to drive down to TN hear them too in Jan. before the Herr Governator of Mich. put her cabosh on everything. 

As someone that has had, built and listened to 10x the speakers that I have, did your impressions align with mine?  You may have posted that in another thread, but if you did, I did not see it.