SWAG is on like Donkey Kong.

17 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Let's get things back to somewhat normal first. I have taken one day off so far this year. 

Plan to play a little catch up next year. This sounds like a great time. I'll add it to my list.

good man

5 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Seems to be the consensus with everyone that has gotten the MAHLS, large or originals and with the DE10 or DE20 driver.

Well, we heard 3 separate set of MAHLS last week and they all sounded fantastic.  It's a solid upgrade.  Yes, I put it one step above a "modification".

• Like 2

JJ........Let me give you the directions I received my first time there.  "Well you go about a mile to that big rock on the left that looks like a bear and turn right.  Go another half mile and turn right at the big bear that looks like a rock."  Rural area alright but those were good directions!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I have a question regarding to the venue

Where is it in relation to the Super 8 Hotel?  (Only chose this location because it's the only reference point I'm familiar with other than the Hope Plant). :)

Thanks

JJ

Maybe 12 miles.

I got lost 3 times using gps in 2 different vehicles and google maps.  For some reason they're all screwed up.  Once I followed Pete out there the correct way it was super easy to find.  All 3 GPS devices had me going all over hells half acre, down dirt roads and through private farms.  Going the correct way it's much closer than Rodneys and easier to find.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Maybe 12 miles.

I got lost 3 times using gps in 2 different vehicles and google maps.  For some reason they're all screwed up.  Once I followed Pete out there the correct way it was super easy to find.  All 3 GPS devices had me going all over hells half acre, down dirt roads and through private farms.  Going the correct way it's much closer than Rodneys and easier to find.

You have to admit, that by the third time, it was getting pretty comical. 

Just now, CECAA850 said:

To you maybe, I was pissed.

Not as pissed as i was dragging the trailer in the dark down the narrow mud road and losing complete cell signal.  I did, however, laugh at it when I finally got there and looked at the mud from the front of the truck to the rear of the trailer. 

54 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Not as pissed as i was dragging the trailer in the dark down the narrow mud road and losing complete cell signal.  I did, however, laugh at it when I finally got there and looked at the mud from the front of the truck to the rear of the trailer. 

That may all be moot if we find a venue next year a little farther north.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

I have a question regarding to the venue

Where is it in relation to the Super 8 Hotel?  (Only chose this location because it's the only reference point I'm familiar with other than the Hope Plant). :)

Thanks

JJ

For general location reference, the area map below shows the marked locations of the Hope Hampton, the Klipsch factory, Rodney's farm, and Timeless Traditions (location of the SWAG).

Capture-Hope-AR-area.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, babadono said:

Hitch hiked with @CECAA850 both days so I was not driving but seemed like about half(?) or a third(?) as far as Rodney's.

And yes moot if next year we're in O-HI-O:)

It would be nice to find a spot in the middle of the country.  I'll certainly be driving further but others will be driving less.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

It would be nice to find a spot in the middle of the country.  I'll certainly be driving further but others will be driving less.

did you guys sleep----rest   at the Swag 2020   location , or did you break off in hotels , motels ----

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

And IMO at a venue where, weather permitting, we can set up the speakers outside without complaints from neighbors.  That was a big plus factor for the SWAG venue.

• Like 1