Pioneer Elte Receiver turns on/off by itself

RLink

Looking for any assistance with this issue.  I recently purchased a Pioneer Elite SC-LX904 receiver and absolutely love it except for one weird thing.  It will sometimes turn itself on for about 2 minutes and then shut itself off.  I have it hooked up to multiple audio/video devices but starting to suspect it may have something to do with my Sony XBR-65x900F and the ARC function.  I also have a Furman Power Conditioner but tried just plugging the receiver into a wall outlet and that didn't do anything.  I now have the Sony plugged into a wall outlet and so far it hasn't done it again but it's only been about 5 days.  

Just curious if anyone else has ever had this issue and how to best correct it.  I did try unplugging various devices to maybe isolate the issue but that didn't work either.

If it does it again, I will not use ARC and CEC and try that.......Thanks guys.

20 hours ago, HenrikTJ said:

Hi

Never had that problem, however it seems youve already isolated the problem. Have you tried troubleshooting your apc? How often did this happen? 

Tried that and no issues......The unit does it on average about once a week or at least that's when I notice it, not sure about middle of night although never saw it on when getting up.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not sure if this has anything to do with it. But I have a pioneer VSX-934 connected to ARC to my Samsung Q70r. I use a LED back lighting for ambiance behind the Tv that is powered via usb from the Tv. I have noticed when I have the LEDs on with the AVR and I power down the TV, the tv turns off with the AVR but the leds stay on. THEN the AVR turns back ON. I think there is a delay in power from the Leds that affects the ARC somehow I have no idea. The leds eventually turn off after about a minute. 

When I turn off the leds manually or the AVR first before the tv I have no issues with the AVR turning back on. Possibly a similar issue to yours if you have leds connected via usb to tv. Just thought I’d share 😃

• 10 months later...

I have a Pioneer Elite 701 with the same issue. It will magically turn on for no reason and then after a few minutes turn itself off on its own. It happens a couple of times a week. Every once in a while it will kick on my sony tv also. The tv does not turn itself off though. Blue screen till I turn it off. I run everything tru the 701 and use ARC.

• 1 year later...