$500 Amplifier - recommendations

jdawghawk

47 minutes ago, Pete H said:

I'm betting that the QSC will stay in the chain, or you really won't like it and then I'll have 5 of them.  

If you remember, we played one (yours) when we took the ATI out.  If I didn't like it I wouldn't have bought one.  My impression was that I liked it and it had a different sonic signature than the ATI.  I didn't prefer the QSC nor did I prefer the ATI.  I like them both, and enough so to grab one.  Especially for the price I got the NIB one for.

33 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If you remember, we played one (yours) when we took the ATI out.  If I didn't like it I wouldn't have bought one.  My impression was that I liked it and it had a different sonic signature than the ATI.  I didn't prefer the QSC nor did I prefer the ATI.  I like them both, and enough so to grab one.  Especially for the price I got the NIB one for.

Agree totally with that assessment.  In turn, if I happened across that ATI for the right number, I would own one of those as well, sounds great and looks really cool.  Win win

On 9/26/2020 at 10:58 AM, angelaudio said:

This has turned out to be the best regardless of price for my Heresy and Magnepan .7's. I

I had an original ST-120 that I sold to a friend... unfortunately, his cat took a leak on it. Not sure if it was powered up at the time or not. 😬  It was a Solid State amp...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1