RCA to 3.5mm

jdawghawk

I use my phone and TIDAL music streaming for 90% of my music.

I currently use RCA to 3.5mm ...... is this the best option for phone use or is there a better option.  I feel like BT would have some data loss as opposed to being hard wired although i don't know that for sure.

Also....I currently have my amplifier set at about 50% volume and use my phone to adjust the volume.  Do you feel as though this is ok or should i set my phone at max and adjust with integrated amplifier's volume control.....or doesn't it matter.

Thank you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jdawghawk said:

I currently use RCA to 3.5mm ...... is this the best option for phone use or is there a better option.  I feel like BT would have some data loss as opposed to being hard wired although i don't know that for sure.

Also....I currently have my amplifier set at about 50% volume and use my phone to adjust the volume.  Do you feel as though this is ok or should i set my phone at max and adjust with integrated amplifier's volume control.....or doesn't it matter.

Thank you.

That sounds good about 50 or even less, as long as getting the volume and sound that you want.

30 minutes ago, jdawghawk said:

Thank you.

Using your phone and 3.5mm headphone to RCA means that you're limited by the quality of the amplifier in the phone.  I suspect that the noise floor of that phone amp isn't good either.

You probably cannot run your phone at max.  That's a powered output and you'll easily overdrive the input of your amplifier.

You might consider Roon + Tidal.