Spikes?

it' s possible , but if they  tip or fall over ,  you're not going to be very happy ---these weigh  100 lbs -   I've seen very expensive speakers on spikes , but they were not your run of the mill cheap spikes ------and they had the backs of the speakers wired  to a wall bracket , and the speaker was level perfectly -

• Like 2

• Moderators

That would be better.

So what are the spiked things supposed do ? Make a more solid connection to the floor ?

If so wouldn't a large piece  of something like felt let the whole bottom of the speaker sit firmly to the floor ?

I don't know just wondering.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dtel said:

That would be better.

So what are the spiked things supposed do ? Make a more solid connection to the floor ?

If so wouldn't a large piece  of something like felt let the whole bottom of the speaker sit firmly to the floor ?

I don't know just wondering.

Hey Eldon !!

My Velodyne HGS-18 II Subs were on shag Carpet and the X-Mas on the Cone Excursion is so much that even though they weigh 105 pounds each, I believe the boxes move some on the carpet and affected the bass very little. I put spikes on the subs to punch through the carpet and anchor my subs.  YMMV !!

Rog

• Like 1

Since we talk about spikes and other solutions; my RF3s came with the choice of spiked feet, or rubbered ones. I always wondered wich are "the better ones"? Personal preference? Or is one better than the other at decoupling the speakers from the floor? I have laminate boards on concrete as a floor in my living room.

André

The Palladium center requires spikes. It's rounded on the bottom, so now way it can sit on it's own. Plus spikes can be adjusted, thread them in or out to change the angle of the speaker. I would think that adjustability can help with the sound.

• Like 1