Spikes?

8 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Since we talk about spikes and other solutions; my RF3s came with the choice of spiked feet, or rubbered ones. I always wondered wich are "the better ones"? Personal preference? Or is one better than the other at decoupling the speakers from the floor? I have laminate boards on concrete as a floor in my living room.

André

I would mount 50 mm diameter / 21 mm hight solid aluminium feet with solid rubber attachments on both sides in the existing threaded sleeves.  You can use Klipsch's existing non-metric screws for this. Because you have a laminate floor on concrete, you need to decouple the RF 3 from the room, you do this with spikes, this is only done in rooms with stone or tile floors. This is called room docking, which is the exact opposite of what is necessary.

4x-Dynavox-massive-Hifi-Geraetefuesse-Aluminium-50mm-Boxenfuesse-Gummidaempfer-schwarz4x-Dynavox-massive-Hifi-Geraetefuesse-Aluminium-50mm-Boxenfuesse-Gummidaempfer-schwarz

https://www.ebay.de/itm/4x-Dynavox-massive-Hifi-Geratefuse-Aluminium-50mm-Boxenfuse-Gummidampfer-schwarz/191844639984?hash=item2caad4e4f0:g:D~kAAOSwq4VaORDr

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

I would mount 50 mm diameter / 21 mm hight solid aluminium feet with solid rubber attachments on both sides in the existing threaded sleeves.  You can use Klipsch's existing non-metric screws for this. Because you have a laminate floor on concrete, you need to decouple the MK III from the room, you do this with spikes, this is only done in rooms with stone or tile floors. This is called room docking, which is the exact opposite of what is necessary.

4x-Dynavox-massive-Hifi-Geraetefuesse-Aluminium-50mm-Boxenfuesse-Gummidaempfer-schwarz4x-Dynavox-massive-Hifi-Geraetefuesse-Aluminium-50mm-Boxenfuesse-Gummidaempfer-schwarz

https://www.ebay.de/itm/4x-Dynavox-massive-Hifi-Geratefuse-Aluminium-50mm-Boxenfuse-Gummidampfer-schwarz/191844639984?hash=item2caad4e4f0:g:D~kAAOSwq4VaORDr

Those look fine, exept i will have to use thread adapters, because my original feet/spikes look like this:

IMG_20200818_213212182.thumb.jpg.4b2fcb6e2190fc67f7900bf1996c7850.jpg

But i think, i saw those adapters on the Viablue site in the link You provided me with the other day.

André

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Those look fine, exept i will have to use thread adapters, because my original feet/spikes look like this:

IMG_20200818_213212182.thumb.jpg.4b2fcb6e2190fc67f7900bf1996c7850.jpg

But i think, i saw those adapters on the Viablue site in the link You provided me with the other day.

André

You should unscrew the overhanging floor brackets completely from the ground plate, this is easy and then replace them with the Dynavox aluminium / rubber floor feet. This reduces room resonances, decouples the RF3 from the room and it will gain precision in imaging its sound over the entire frequency range.

• Thanks 1