Black RF-7's Originals Decent Shape Seattle Area $700 Obo

jjptkd

Curious if there's anyone here in the Seattle area looking for some black stock original RF-7's before I list them on Craigslist? I bought these from the original owner off of eBay maybe a year ago? They have the original shipping boxes but I am not looking to ship these at this time.

I have only used these a few hours as they were meant to replace my RF-5's but they proved to be just too big for the wife to let them stay. They did suffer some light bruises in shipping nothing too bad and there are small chips and light scratches here and there but they are very presentable I only mention the flaws because I know how some buyers can be, if you're looking for "mint" or "like new" these are not for you.

If you're interested send me a PM, I'll get some pictures posted tomorrow or sometime this weekend thanks.

Jesse

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bobcat30 said:

Willl ya ship them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning, I'd rather not ship these they are large and heavy and the original boxes are pretty thin and there really isn't much in the way of packing materials, I'd have to reinforce the boxes and add a lot of padding and even then it would be risky without palletizing the load. At this point I'd really rather just take a slight hit on these price wise and see them to a good home locally.

I'm going to post a few more pics later today and by tomorrow I'll probably list them on Craigslist and eBay for a local sale. These don't come up for sale too often around here and they are fantastic speakers I've just got too many speakers already and a couple of projects in the works so need to make room thanks.

So thought this was kind of funny the wife was razzing me about my apparent speaker fetish so I told her I was going to try and sell a pair-- not knowing model numbers too well she actually got upset because she thought I meant the RF-5's. I never thought I'd see the day that she would get upset about selling speakers I had to laugh a little.

So I've had about a half dozen people email me about these so far but no one has actually come out to see them or take a listen. Yesterday I spent a few hours in the garage waiting on a potential buyer to show up only to have him change his mind last minute, gotta love Craigslist!

Anyway got to spend some time with these speakers and I got to say they really are excellent sounding, a bit different from the RF-5's I have must be the bigger woofs and cabinets as the horns are the same. Of course nothing is equal and audio memory is junk but I believe I like the sound of these better than the series II I had awhile back.

As of now I'm going to pull these out of the running and just keep them for myself for now, it took me some time to find them anyway and I don't really like selling speakers as much as I like to buy them.. I'll find a place for them eventually right now they are doing great out in the garage, thanks.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, jjptkd said:

So I've had about a half dozen people email me about these so far but no one has actually come out to see them or take a listen. Yesterday I spent a few hours in the garage waiting on a potential buyer to show up only to have him change his mind last minute, gotta love Craigslist!

Anyway got to spend some time with these speakers and I got to say they really are excellent sounding, a bit different from the RF-5's I have must be the bigger woofs and cabinets as the horns are the same. Of course nothing is equal and audio memory is junk but I believe I like the sound of these better than the series II I had awhile back.

As of now I'm going to pull these out of the running and just keep them for myself for now, it took me some time to find them anyway and I don't really like selling speakers as much as I like to buy them.. I'll find a place for them eventually right now they are doing great out in the garage, thanks.

Craigslist people are always flakey. The RF-7’s have the larger driver in the horn. 1.75” vs 1” on the RF-5’s. I always preferred the RF-7’s highs over the RF-5

15 hours ago, W27 said:

Craigslist people are always flakey. The RF-7’s have the larger driver in the horn. 1.75” vs 1” on the RF-5’s. I always preferred the RF-7’s highs over the RF-5

I modified my rf5s with rc7 parts they had the same horn drivers as the 7's until I changed them awhile back to a pair of faital pros. I'm going to experiment a bit swapping parts may end up returning my rf5s to stock then putting them up for sale not sure yet.

I hate selling speakers they can be so hard to find when you're looking for a certain set but I'm getting quite the collection together and have parts for 2 builds in addition to what I already have and the wife is at her limit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wstrickland1 said:

I have a small hoard from this series.

Nice! Yeah, I have the RF-7's, RF-5's, RC-7 and a pair of RSW-12's. I was planning on setting up a small theater system but just don't have the room right now.