Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Mems70

Dhl did it

Recommended Posts

Hi there, DHL did this to my RB 81ii, someone has a speaker? Or know where can I buy it?d92756312fbe91473fb1c44bc400de8f.jpg

36e1e446cba90ef68a245b90add7b1ce.jpg

44a01ad22a9eecbd433dcb6776b6d16c.jpg

aec88a37d6ffba390fdfba743b45148c.jpg

 

 

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mems70 said:

 

Hi there, DHL did this to my RB 81ii, someone has a speaker? Or know where can I buy it

hope you got insurance -------

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Insurance doesn't guarantee reimbursement.  Seems to me most of the time the reply from the carrier is "not packed properly".  Good luck.  Shame and disappointment when this happens.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they reject or deny it, make sure you appeal it. Take it to a higher level. Their first response is to deny it. Take pictures. Who boxed it? DHL or someone else? Save all of the boxes and packing material(s). 

I had a RC64 shipped here that was damaged in transit. They denied my claim. I pushed back to a higher level. They (UPS in this case) said that they were going to send someone to look at the shipping materials and such, but never did.  They paid off, but only after a fight with pictures and letters. They sent a check and picked up the speaker. 

Good luck. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  

On 8/16/2020 at 9:39 PM, Mems70 said:

 

Hi there, DHL did this to my RB 81ii, someone has a speaker

 

 

well , at least you have insurance ----------but if these speakers were purchased on the web , it's the shipper's problem-------all you do is ask for a refund -since the items are damaged-------otherwise good luck

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shipping companies are more concerned about their packages making it on time than they are about damaging them. It’s a shame, but that’s how the world works now. Years ago, most packages shipped were of quality and value. Now it’s a bunch of junk that nobody cares about.  The majority of people just care that it’s on their doorstep in 3-5 days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Insurance doesn't guarantee reimbursement.  Seems to me most of the time the reply from the carrier is "not packed properly".  Good luck.  Shame and disappointment when this happens.  

:(


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
well , at least you have insurance ----------but if these speakers were purchased on the web , it's the shipper's problem-------all you do is ask for a refund -since the items are damaged-------otherwise good luck

The problem
Is that I sell it, the person that buy it ask for refund and now I don’t have the money and have a damage speaker


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will always remember the time DHL broke my paintball mask.

Like, it's something designed explicitly to withstand impacts, and they impacted it to death.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 10:15 AM, RandyH000 said:

well , at least you have insurance ----------but if these speakers were purchased on the web , it's the shipper's problem-------all you do is ask for a refund -since the items are damaged-------otherwise good luck

MRL was commenting on insurance, he was neither the buyer or seller. Read the thread before you comment, at least be informed when you give out your usual advice or comment.

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2020 at 10:37 PM, ZEUS121996 said:

MRL was commenting on insurance, he was neither the buyer or seller. Read the thread before you comment, at least be informed when you give out your usual advice or comment.

 

Mark

  you are hired  as my assistant for all my misquotes -the reply of the OP to the same post is hereby enclosed --

 

Mems70

Members

  • 6
  • 19 posts
On 8/17/2020 at 11:15 AM, RandyH000 said:
well , at least you have insurance ----------but if these speakers were purchased on the web , it's the shipper's problem-------all you do is ask for a refund -since the items are damaged-------otherwise good luck

The problem
Is that I sell it, the person that buy it ask for refund and now I don’t have the money and have a damage speaker


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 6:45 PM, Mems70 said:


The problem
Is that I sell it, the person that buy it ask for refund and now I don’t have the money and have a damage speaker


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

You could always offer the buyer a partial refund, the price of a new woofer or maybe a little more for the trouble? That would save you some money, help the buyer and give you some time to deal with insurance claim on your own

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You could always offer the buyer a partial refund, the price of a new woofer or maybe a little more for the trouble? That would save you some money, help the buyer and give you some time to deal with insurance claim on your own

That’s a great idea thanks bro


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What did the box look like?  If not punctured it wasn't the shipper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, John Warren said:

What did the box look like?  If not punctured it wasn't the shipper.

The basket broke this is common with these reference series speakers shipping box was likely dropped from height and the weight of the magnet snapped the cheap thin metal basket supports 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2020 at 9:28 AM, John Warren said:

What did the box look like?  If not punctured it wasn't the shipper.

 

 

Not true, but you need those little devices that register impact force in the box to prove it.    Any void inside anything with heavy parts is space which allows parts to move internally when impact occurs, and you have to expect 6 foot box drops, which may land perfectly on one side of a box with no signs showing.  All the vintage audio I sell gets panels removed and insides stuffed with bubble wrap, with instructions for removing it once received.  Otherwise transformers shear off their mounts, or distort chassis, or speakers look like the above.  Sometimes there's nothing you can do; I purchased JBL LSR28P speakers new years ago, and it took 3 shipments from the factory to get an undamaged pair at my door.  The first two attempts had perfect looking factory sealed boxes, and the tweeters were mangled from impact force.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

18 hours ago, EMRR said:

 

 

Not true, but you need those little devices that register impact force in the box to prove it.    Any void inside anything with heavy parts is space which allows parts to move internally when impact occurs, and you have to expect 6 foot box drops, which may land perfectly on one side of a box with no signs showing.  All the vintage audio I sell gets panels removed and insides stuffed with bubble wrap, with instructions for removing it once received.  Otherwise transformers shear off their mounts, or distort chassis, or speakers look like the above.  Sometimes there's nothing you can do; I purchased JBL LSR28P speakers new years ago, and it took 3 shipments from the factory to get an undamaged pair at my door.  The first two attempts had perfect looking factory sealed boxes, and the tweeters were mangled from impact force.   

 

I wonder what design considerations are made  to increase durability for shipping, and if they have to compromise performance so they survive...

 

Slow day at work for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, iaRIVR said:

 

 

I wonder what design considerations are made  to increase durability for shipping, and if they have to compromise performance so they survive...

 

 

 

You have to wonder.  It would seem with the JBL's they went for performance over durability.  How much does any company do towards durability in shipping for audio electronics?  I'd guess not much until there's a problem trend.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...