Klipsch outdoor speakers

pete_klipsch

Setting up speakers for my new pool/patio area.  See pictures below with layout.

My plan was to have 2 speakers mounted under the soffit, facing down onto the upper patio seating area (yellow stars). Let's call this zone 1. Then in addition to that 6 speakers around the pool, possibly rock speakers in the beds (red stars). Let's call this zone 2

I do not need the ability to play separate sources on zone 1 and zone 2, but I do want to be able to control the volume of each zone (as a group) independently. That way I can choose to play the sound on just the upper patio, or just the pool, or both.

My audio source will be exclusively streamed music (spotify, youtube music).

My electrician is coming this week and I'll have him run 4-conductor speaker wire from each speaker location back to the house where my receiver will eventually be.

A friend suggested the following speakers, but I'd like your views on them:
zone 1 (2 of them): Klipsch AW-525
zone 2 (6 of them): Klipsch AWR-650-SM

If these are good speakers, I still need help picking a receiver to power them all comfortably and a way to stream to it (like a google chromecast audio equivalent).

thanks

khanfaiz_residence-revision-3-mark-up_00

picture1-jpg.3028859

Edited by pete_klipsch
  • Like 1

The AW-650s are really nice. We noticed several pub patios in Ottawa were using them last time we were down. Sounded very good indeed. As well quite a few women's clothing stores in the West Edmonton Mall have them wall mounted near the ceilings. The bracket is adjustable. My wife gets a kick out of me noticing them.

I've got 650s at my pool and 525s on my deck. Every time I listen to the 525s I wish I got the 650s. For what they are the 650s are an amazing speaker. Does not look like money is an issue based on your crib, I'd get all 650s.

A big stack of split Industrial La Scalas might be a nice option too. 😀