FOR SALE UPGRADED KLIPSCH CHORUS-CRITES TWEETER+RECAPPED CROSSOVER AND CUSTOM VENEER

jdaudio

A lot of work has gone into these speakers to get them into great condition. First, the Veneer has been redone with a real hickory pecan veneer that looks magnificent. The tweeters have been replaces with crites tweeters as well as the crossover recapped. Additionally acoustic foam has been added to lessen cabinet resonance as well as tube ports(around 7 inch) for added bass extension.  Functionally they are perfect and sound magnificent. Cometically there are only two minor issues of one cover have a small puncture that was fixed as well as on top of one of the speakers a small chipp occured in the veneer. This was filled in and stained to match the veneer and is hard to notice even up close. 

Selling because I need extra cash for medical school application and would love for these to go to a good home.

Price I  was thinking around 1200 OBO

I am located in Tampa Florida and can make a resonable trip to meet 

If you have any further questions dont hestitate to ask!

117765372_604110493486311_5204589315842540791_n - Copy.jpg

117912624_748201509362071_8757930969869495610_n - Copy.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jdaudio said:

A lot of work has gone into these speakers to get them into great condition.

you did a very good job , in comparison to what these looked like previously , congratulations are in order-----GLWS

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Which of the Crites tweeters are installed, and what caps were used in the crossovers?  Thanks.

With the factory horns it must be the titanium diaphragms would also assume Crites re-capped the crossovers so Sonicaps?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jdaudio said:

A lot of work has gone into these speakers to get them into great condition. First, the Veneer has been redone with a real hickory pecan veneer that looks magnificent.

Price I  was thinking around 1200 OBO

I am located in Tampa Florida and can make a resonable trip to meet 

Beautiful speakers, nice work! Somebody is going to be very happy with these, good luck with your sale!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jjptkd said:

With the factory horns it must be the titanium diaphragms would also assume Crites re-capped the crossovers so Sonicaps?

12 hours ago, jdaudio said:

The tweeters have been replaces with crites tweeters as well as the crossover recapped.

I would prefer that the seller answer the question.  Thank you.

@jdaudio

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Which of the Crites tweeters are installed, and what caps were used in the crossovers?  Thanks.

@jdaudio

For the tweeter it is the crites titanium tweeter that he made to match the chorus. For the crossover the its audiodyne 68uF 400V for the large driver and sonocaps for the other drivers as jjptk said.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jdaudio said:

For the tweeter it is the crites titanium tweeter that he made to match the chorus. For the crossover the its audiodyne 68uF 400V for the large driver and sonocaps for the other drivers as jjptk said.

OK, so just for clarity,  you have replaced the diaphragms with the titanium, and not full, new tweeters.  And the Audiodyne 68uf cap is not a standard Crites replacement as far as I know.  Did Crites do the crossover work?  Just trying to understand the scope of work.

And BTW, they are beautiful.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

OK, so just for clarity,  you have replaced the diaphragms with the titanium, and not full, new tweeters.  And the Audiodyne 68uf cap is not a standard Crites replacement as far as I know.  Did Crites do the crossover work?  Just trying to understand the scope of work.

And BTW, they are beautiful.

Yes, just the diaphram not the whole driver. The caps weren't ordered from crites because I wanted more bass output from the chorus with the audiodyne capacitor. These are not my crossovers but this is how they ended up looking after a local shop did them for me. sorry for the lack of clarity on that 

recap.jfif

26 minutes ago, jdaudio said:

Yes, just the diaphram not the whole driver. The caps weren't ordered from crites because I wanted more bass output from the chorus with the audiodyne capacitor. These are not my crossovers but this is how they ended up looking after a local shop did them for me. sorry for the lack of clarity on that 

recap.jfif 262.03 kB · 2 downloads

the Audiodyne capacitor provides more bass output , that's very interesting to know  , was  it an expensive cap- ?   tx

• 4 weeks later...