What I UnGot Today

MC39693

Sold my Martin Logan Theater I center channel.  Very sad to see it go. It was the best sounding center I’ve heard. Just too big and alien looking although the wife was ok with it. Not sure if I’ll replace it. I’m at the stage where I have to sell something before I buy something new/new to me. 

I will likely sell my ML Clarity, very nice too not any where near as nice as ESL 15A like @A1UC got a while back... I’m getting intrigued by higher end bookshelf speakers... who knows where to from here.

Anyone else sell a treasured item? Did you sooth yourself with retail therapy?

35 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

what kind of bike --------Vincent -

Haha...I wish. It was a Honda, built by HRC (Honda Racing Corp) not the standard Honda motorcycle building factory. It was the basis for a AMA and World Superbike series racing. It's when they take a production bike, and turn it into a race bike. RVT1000r (RC51) in the states. Not super rare or even worth a lot (10K) but it was signed by Nicky Hayden. Nicky won the AMA Superbike title on one in 2002. Colin Edwards won the World Superbike title on one in 2000 and 2002. I was fighting a vestibular nerve problem in my ear, and I didn't think I could ride a bike, dizziness, and I needed money (two girls in college, one out of state, one at a private school) Since I sold it, Nicky Hayden was killed while riding a bicycle and training for his upcoming race season in Italy. He was the last American on the world stage racing motorcycles, and won the Moto GP title in 2006. There aren't any Americans even in the pipeline to get to that level of competition. He was from Owensboro Ky. I can replace the bike, but not his signature on it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

now I get it --------and he must not have signed too many bikes -

Actually, the 2004 Honda RC51 is the Nicky Hayden version, a factory replica paint scheme with a copy of his signature, at least mine had a real signature. He's probably the best motorcycle racer this country has ever had (IMO) he was one win away from a Triple Crown, a combination of winning in 3 different types of track, dirt, endurance and GP. Not many people can win against the best riders on dirt, then on asphalt. 

He was just a great guy. Always approachable, and had a zest for life. He lived in Italy, and they just fell in love with him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Actually, the 2004 Honda RC51 is the Nicky Hayden version, a factory replica paint scheme with a copy of his signature, at least mine had a real signature. He's probably the best motorcycle racer this country has ever had (IMO) he was one win away from a Triple Crown, a combination of winning in 3 different types of track, dirt, endurance and GP. Not many people can win against the best riders on dirt, then on asphalt. 

He was just a great guy. Always approachable, and had a zest for life. He lived in Italy, and they just fell in love with him. 

is this a real signature or a  copy of his signature

RC51_8-300x225.jpg

57 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

You probably remember him in his WERA days too. I was at Mid-Ohio watching him and Tommy duke it out in what I think was Nicky's first AMA race. 

Oh yea, I remember watching two kids race at Putnam Park years ago, and thought wow, these kids are very good. It was Nicky and probably Roger, I knew they were brothers. Another time at Putnam, two young guys blowing everyone else away....Ben Spies and Jake Zemke. Of course at the time they were unknown....Ben won a WBSK title later.

I experienced that also watching USAC Sprint cars at IRP (Lucas Oil now) years ago....who is this kid named Jeff Gordon, kicking everyone's butt,  looks 12 years old! 

Also....Ryan Newman, Kasey Kane, Tony Stewart, AJ Almendinger. 

I love Mid Ohio, but have never been on the track. Did you get to race there?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Did you get to race there?

Yeah, but I don't want to talk about it 😒

I was points leader when I got there. I was pushed back to second in points when I left. I was in the grass three times and somehow finished the race without crashing, just not out front.

I love Mid Ohio, but have never been on the track.

The first time I went to Mid-Ohio, I was 21 working at a Jaguar / Lotus / Ferrari dealership. The owner tossed us some tickets, provided transportation and we received top shelf treatment provided by Jaguar when we got there.  I have been back many times for AMA Racing. 

Another time at Putnam,....

I like Putnam. Crashed there twice, still have fond memories and good results from there. 

12 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Yeah, but I don't want to talk about it 😒

I was points leader when I got there. I was pushed back to second in points when I left. I was in the grass three times and somehow finished the race without crashing, just not out front.

The first time I went to Mid-Ohio, I was 21 working at a Jaguar / Lotus / Ferrari dealership. The owner tossed us some tickets, provided transportation and we received top shelf treatment provided by Jaguar when we got there.  I have been back many times for AMA Racing. 

I like Putnam. Crashed there twice, still have fond memories and good results from there. 

Yea I've had a few memorable days when I couldn't get my head in the game and go off track 2-3 times in a 20 minute race, and I was only on an SV650 LWT Superbike. You raced A or B Superbike? I've always wanted to get on track at Mid Ohio, WERA races vintage there now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Yea I've had a few memorable days when I couldn't get my head in the game and go off track 2-3 times in a 20 minute race, and I was only on an SV650 LWT Superbike. You raced A or B Superbike? I've always wanted to get on track at Mid Ohio, WERA races vintage there now.

I blame the ride for making a poor tire choice. 

9 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I experienced that also watching USAC Sprint cars at IRP (Lucas Oil now) years ago....who is this kid named Jeff Gordon, kicking everyone's butt,  looks 12 years old! 

Also....Ryan Newman, Kasey Kane, Tony Stewart, AJ Almendinger. 

I love Mid Ohio, but have never been on the track. Did you get to race there?

I too recall watching a teenage Jeff Gordon dominate at IRP on Thursday Night Thunder. In the early 90s took my son to Eldora in Rossburg, OH to watch Tony Stewart dominate the USAC Four Crown Nationals.