1983 Klipsch Cornwall lambswool grills

Bobby2xs

are you having problems making Cornwall  grilles with lambswool-------if yes , there are a few members on the forum which may want to  chime in   and give advice --the key is stretching  2 sides at a time and stapling  rather than gluing -

6 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

are you having problems making Cornwall  grilles with lambswool-------if yes , there are a few members on the forum which may want to  chime in   and give advice --the key is stretching  2 sides at a time and stapling  rather than gluing -

8 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

What’s your location? I’ve done a few Cornwall’s and H1’s and H2’s and did a pretty nice job. I’m in deltona Fl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in Hendersonville TN, just north of Nashville 

6 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

That’s exactly what I need, tried glue and got sag in the woofer cavity, I’d love to do my forte 2 in the same cloth. I tried twice and had ok success, but really need it to be as near production quality as possible. It’s possible with the right guidance I could do it, but frustrated enough to pay someone at this point!

4 minutes ago, Bobby2xs said:

I’m in Hendersonville TN, just north of Nashville 

8 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

What’s your location? I’ve done a few Cornwall’s and H1’s and H2’s and did a pretty nice job. I’m in deltona Fl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’d like to PM me that’s cool, someone said they may take it on, but I’d love to see the results you’ve had. Would love to also do either my Chorus or forte 2 to match for HT. Really wish I could get a super dope tutorial on how to get them perfect. Perhaps I failed because the material I was using wasn’t made for grills.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/98877-how-to-new-grills-grill-cloth-etc/

Unfortunately the pics in the first half of the thread are missing but there are pics later on, that may help in piecing together how this technique works.  I have been meaning to get around to trying to build the cloth clamps he describes and giving it a try.

Edited by tom1066
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby2xs said:

That’s exactly what I need, tried glue and got sag in the woofer cavity, I’d love to do my forte 2 in the same cloth. I tried twice and had ok success, but really need it to be as near production quality as possible. It’s possible with the right guidance I could do it, but frustrated enough to pay someone at this point!

----------glue is not appropriate till you staple   the fabric  -

a good upholsterer can do that job ------using a staple gun and a bit if glue -

1) --you have to staple 1 side , the longest first  at the top firsthand  ------  make sure your grille fabric is centered-then use a lot of staples so that force can be applied to the bottom without pulling out the staples holding the  fabric ---- -this is your most important step -

2)   stretch it  very tight and staple the bottom  till there is no sag    -then do the same across 1 side at a time ---------stretch  to the left   ,  staple ------stretch to the right ----staple - 

32 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

----------glue is not appropriate till you staple   the fabric  -

a good upholsterer can do that job ------using a staple gun and a bit if glue -

1) --you have to staple 1 side , the longest first  at the top firsthand  ------  make sure your grille fabric is centered-then use a lot of staples so that force can be applied to the bottom without pulling out the staples holding the  fabric ---- -this is your most important step -

2)   stretch it  very tight and staple the bottom  till there is no sag    -then do the same across 1 side at a time ---------stretch  to the left   ,  staple ------stretch to the right ----staple - 

What type of board do you use? I used backer board and it was a bit too flimsy