New home theater setup advice

TheBoneDoc

Hi I am new to home theater and looking for advice on speakers. I only want in wall (for the front/center speakers) and in ceiling for the surround sound. Looking for 5 speaker setup.

I was looking at the 5800WII for the front, 5502W for the center and 5800CDT for the ceiling surround sound. My living room is fairly large and somewhat awkward shaped with 20' high vaulted ceiling. Are these speakers adequate? I am not an audiophile by any sense.  I was also looking at getting 6500 speakers for the front as I found a good deal on them but could not find much info on these.

Are the 5800CDT speakers overkill for surround sound?

Any advice would be helpful.

TheBoneDoc: first of all, welcome to the forum! To answer your question: The CDT5800-C II is an exceptional choice for an in ceiling, surround speaker! The only way it might be overkill is if it falls beyond one's budget. Thankfully, should that be true, Klipsch offers more affordable, albeit, smaller versions of that same design. The CDT-5800-C II is the same speaker we chose to install in my son's Klipsch 7.2.4 system for ATMOS ceiling applications.