Favorite SACDs?

wuzzzer

That´s some of mine .......

Diana Krall : The Look of Love , When I look in your eyes, Love Scenes, Wallflower,The girl in the other Room

Sting : Brand new day, Sacred Love

Nils Lofgren: Acoustic Live

Concorde Jazz Sampler : SACD Sampler Vol. I & II

Peter Gabriel : Up

David Bowie : Heathen

Ian Melrose : Between the sighs

John Coltrane : A Love Supreme

Al Jarreau : All I got

Eric Ribb: Blues Ballads & Work Songs

Sampler" The Pinnacle Of Chesky Voice"

Till Brönner : That Summer

Marvin Gaye : Let´s get it on

Nohra Jones : Come away with me

Shaggy : Lucky Day

Stockfisch Records : Closer to the Music Vol 1 to Vol 5

• Thanks 1

there are bunches and bunches... in addition to those above, any of the pink floyds, yes, genesis, Elton John, depeche mode. queen... they are all very good. I hope you are playing in 5.1???

can you play Bluray audio?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Schu said:

there are bunches and bunches... in addition to those above, any of the pink floyds, yes, genesis, Elton John, depeche mode. queen... they are all very good. I hope you are playing in 5.1???

can you play Bluray audio?

6.1, phantom center. 

Yes. 

I was typing the following when you just replied, above...

Many of the above are ones that I own and that I'd also recommend. 

In Jazz, the three Yellowjackets multichannel SACDs are superb: Time Squared, Altered State, Lifecycle. Also the Xiomara La Voz (The Voice) disc is outstanding by Chesky.  Jimmy Cobb/Roy Hargrove Jazz in the Key of Blue is good, also by Chesky.  Any of the Norah Jones first three albums are very good.  They get pretty loud after that point.  Rebecca Pidgeon's The Raven (multichannel) is also very good by Chesky.

There is one Police...Every Breath You Take - The Classics...that's a multichannel SACD that's good that I acquired recently for a reasonable price at Discogs.

In soundtracks, A Beautiful Mind soundtrack is really good (multichannel SACD). In new Bluegrass, the Nickel Creek This Side multichannel SACD is very good. 

In folk/rock, James Taylor's Hourglass (multichannel) is outstanding. 

In classical/Christmas music that's also audiophile reference standard, Cantate Domino by Oscar's Motet Choir was a standard at RMAF a few years ago (stereo SACD). 

Roughly 90-95% of the best SACDs that I own and that comprise the SACD catalog are classical.  I'll list a few of the best:

Bach Goldberg Variations (Jory Vinikour) - multichannel--two discs

Frederic Chopin - Artur Pizarro (Linn) - multichannel

Frederic Chopin: Etudes - Ingrid Fliter - multichannel

Handel Concerti Grossi Opus 6 - The Avison Ensemble (Linn) - multichannel

Mannheim String Symphonies Vols. 1 and 2, Chamber Orchestra of the New Dutch Academy - multichannel

Mendelssohn Violin Concerto, Symphony #3 - Scottish Chamber Orchestra (Linn) multichannel

The Messiah, Dublin Version 1742 - Dunedin Consort dir. John Butt (Linn) - multichannel

Mozart Clarinet Concerto in A, KV 622, Clarinet Quintet KV 581 - Academy of St. Martin in the Fields, Marriner - multichannel

Russian Violin Concertos - Russian National Orchestra, Julia Fisher - multichannel

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1