FS: Bob Carver VTA 20s Black Magic (Sold)

flatgrass

I purchased this back in June because I needed a few more watts for my bookshelf speakers.  Hooked it up the first weekend I had it, sounded great then put it away until the fall.  My non-A/C treated basement listening room relegates the tube amp usage roughly late Sep through early May.

Since then, situation and discussions at work have led to the expectation I will probably be working from the house at least through next spring.  And bets are off that it may even be longer.  With that in mind, I am looking to beefing up / improving my desk headphone situation.  So, this is on the chopping block to begin the cash generation for headphone set up.

I have several photos, front and rear if interested.  Let me know and I can send PM or email. 

Joe had it before me and does a better review than I can.

Anyway, $1000 and split shipping in the 48.

CAM00207[1].jpg

• Like 1

Boy that’s a great amp
I just got done reading a article about Mr. Carver using that amp with some crazy speakers he designed, great , great reviews on that amp , and that’s a great price for it
If you ever change your mind about doing any trades, please message me

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

Boy that’s a great amp great reviews and that’s a great price for it

I believe original MSRP was $2199 then bumped up to 2499 right before they were discontinued I've seen a few sell on Ebay for around the 1200-1300 price used. Nowadays you can pick up a 275 new for 2750?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Flatgrass.  I have been looking for a good entry-level tube amp to match up with my Heresy 3's for about three months.  Sorry, yes, I am a newbie, but not a driveby.  Very interested in this amp if you still have it. It received great reviews. Can't send you a PM because I do not have that privilege on this forum.  

Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flatgrass said:

Good day,

Travesty -- went ahead and sent a PM to see if it would take.  If not, let me know here how to reach you. 

(anybody know if there a restriction on PM until a certain number of posts?)

Thanks, Kevin.

There Is I have had the same issue pop up, You can send them a PM which is what I did with my Email contact info