FS: RC-7 Cherry (creased / dented driver) SOLD

flatgrass

I have an extra RC-7.  Functionally fine, but has one driver which got touched and does not look great.  Grill is 100%, but I suspect that is limited consolation.  Original box.  On the bottom, you can tell where I cleaned off glue from a lot of door bumper pads that had been used.  Not bad, but you could tell.

$200.  I can ship, but it would cost because I would take the drivers out of the body and send those separate.  Would love for you to pick it up in Washington, DC. 20002.

I have seen a replacement driver floating around in the garage sale.  Drop a note and we can discuss or set up a call. 

CAM00184[1].jpg

CAM00185[1].jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, still have this on the shelf.

At this point, I have pulled all the drivers.  I am looking for a better boxing solution to pack all three drives in a single package.  This would result in two boxes for shipping.

I have had some inquiries as to shipping, but it has been a bit steep for some.  I am hoping by going to two packages vice three (original with cabinet, one for the woofers, and one for the HF driver) I can bring the cost down a bit.  Still a work in progress.

For those calculating, this would come from 20002.

Why would you pull everything if you have the original box from Klipsch?  If anything, pack everything in the original box, and then put that in another slightly larger box with some extra padding and you should be fine. (And meet the UPS double box requirements for insurance if it is damaged in shipping.) 

The only entity that benefits from shipping everything separately is the shipping company.  Plus, you have that many more packages that could get damaged/lost/stolen/etc.

I shipped my old black RC-7 (when I found my Cherry RC-7) this way and it made it from Illinois all the way to Oregon without any issues.

• Like 2

Never put all my trust in a Klipsch box.  Intended for bulk pallet shipping.  Often, lots of void space allowing for movement, particularly this box.  I stiffen the corners and sides with additional cardboard panels and fill in some void.  But, this has potential to could come in contact with the woofers.   Also, with reduced mass inside may lessen the corner ding potential of a drop.

Have personally experienced a sheared horn on a reference speaker shipped with the driver attached.  Doesn’t take that much of an impact.  Always felt it a good idea to ship drivers separate when possible.  That is the way I would want it shipped to me.  Overly cautious and more expensive?  Sure.  But, given your successful sample size of one, I should probably reconsider all this. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 12:32 PM, flatgrass said:

I have seen a replacement driver floating around in the garage sale. 

That may have been a pair of my drivers.  I bought a set of RF-3's and 2 of the 4 drivers were dented/creased.  (Same drivers as the RC-7)  So, I bought 4 new drivers, and listed the 2 good drivers on here a little while back.  (I still have the 2 creased ones.... would make a great driver set for a DIY garage speaker for someone... or perhaps a set of compact subs for a bandpass box so you wouldn't notice the slightly jacked-up cones!)

Here's the link to where I bought the replacements... $69 each + shipping.  However, they are currently out of stock... go figure.

https://www.simplyspeakers.com/klipsch-replacement-speaker-woofer-1011974.html

New vs. Old drivers.  They sound identical, however, I'm sure there are some minute measurable differences that people would love to argue over...

new rf.jpg

old rf.jpeg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, flatgrass said:

Never put all my trust in a Klipsch box.  But, given your successful sample size of one, I should probably reconsider all this. 

Make sure it is packed securely in the factory box then treat that box like its a raw speaker and box it again with a good amount of protection. Home depot sells moving blankets for fairly cheap buy a big one and roll the factory box in the blanket creates a nice soft barrier between the two boxes that can absorb shock which is what you need.

8 hours ago, Iteachstem said:

Here's the link to where I bought the replacements... $69 each + shipping.  However, they are currently out of stock... go figure.

https://www.simplyspeakers.com/klipsch-replacement-speaker-woofer-1011974.html

If getting rid of this turns out to be more difficult or involved than planned, this is a route that comes into play.  I originally got this particular center to mate with another and use as L/R mains.  Always a fallback I guess.  It would also match my bookshelf speakers closer (without the black dust cover).

• Like 1