Denbeau

I have this old Klipsch KSW150 subwoofer, that I haven't used in many years.  It seams I've forgot how to set it up! That happens at my age more often! (Ha). My reciever is a Yamaha RX-V663.  I'm pretty sure I have 2 cables out of my reciever into the double cable as seen on my pictures, but not sure? And not sure how to set all the switches and dials.. ?

Also there is a small tear on the outer rim of the speaker. Does this need to be repaired? 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

Denbeau

resized_IMG_20200822_084901882.jpg

resized_IMG_20200822_084845928.jpg

resized_IMG_20200822_084830653.jpg

resized_IMG_20200822_084838997.jpg

resized_IMG_20200822_084936358.jpg

resized_IMG_20200822_084825909.jpg

resized_resized_IMG_20200823_141232056.jpg

• Like 1

Change the phase to 0.

The tear is not in the woofer or the surround so you're fine. 

Get rid of the two into one cable and run two RCA cables from the two subwoofer outputs from your receiver into the two Line Ins on your sub. 

Turn the crossover knob all the way to the right.  Use your receiver to set the crossover point between your speakers and sub. 

Leave the Level knob where it is. 

Run YPAO to help balance and integrate the sub with the rest of your speakers. 

OK..

Question... the last picture I uploaded on original post is my receiver.  It only have 2  RCAs out both black. It looks like it is for a 2nd subwoofer.... should I only have 1 cable from receiver to subwoofer?  If only 1 should where should it go on the Sub? 

Thanks

The bigger problem is the noise, I tried 3 different outlets(electrical), same result. Even when not connected to receiver. Kinda a loud noise, some times steady, sometimes intermittent. I've tried switching switches and moving nobs all directions, the noise persists. It must be in the subwoofer amp...right? Is it fried?

Thanks

Dennis

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Denbeau said:

Yes.. it did sit unplugged and unused for a few years.... I know I quit using it because I was getting some distortion, but just thought I didnt have it setup properly.. 

Well, it may have gotten worse then. Almost sounds like a voice coil on woofer scratching like a 60 Hertz beat.