Laura

Mallette

Folks in LA should batten down the hatches. This has gotten worse over the last six hours. Potential for hurricane force winds to south of Shreveport! TS force winds here in Texarkana. Whole area is already going to be soaked from Marvin, so serious flooding quite likely.

Dave

Capture.PNG

This thing has been projected to hit from Corpus to the Florida pan handle.  Beaumont has been in the crosshairs several times and then the path moves.  I really think having 2 storms so close to each other is messing with predictions.  They have no previous models to go by.  Everyone from TX to FL needs to be on alert and begin basic preparations.  We started yesterday and will continue this evening after I get home from work.  I hope all our prep is for nothing.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Marco is brutal, I got a little sunburn yesterday.

They don't have a clue where  they are going it seems, there are strong shear winds blowing most of the rain north east of the centers, no wrapping around like normal.

Marco Is right off our coast and we finally got some clouds this morning, no rain yet.

Laura will be worth watching, could be a 3 before it goes on land wherever that may be?

9 hours ago, Seadog said:

Watching the AccuWeather Channel right now. Looks like Beaumont's gonna get it.  Again.  Good luck to all of you Gulf coast folks.

yep.  Taking a water break now.  Have been moving and prepping since last night at 6.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Unless something changes it looks like the LA/TX border and wind speeds of 110+.

If this stays the only good part is TX will be on the western side, that's a little help, not much but anything is good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

Unless something changes it looks like the LA/TX border and wind speeds of 110+.

If this stays the only good part is TX will be on the western side, that's a little help, not much but anything is good.

I just looked up Rita's path.  This looks like it's going to hit in the exact same spot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Pete H said:

Might be a good time for a road trip to Ohio.  I know you're prepared, but are you prepared to leave?

We may end up at my daughters house in Conroe.  Shoud be marginally better there.  If it was cat 1 we'd stay but not for a direct hit from a 3 or over.  We'll decide in the next 24 hours.

• Like 2

Just now, CECAA850 said:

We may end up at my daughters house in Conroe.  Shoud be marginally better there.  If it was cat 1 we'd stay but not for a direct hit from a 3 or over.  We'll decide in the next 24 hours.

When I was on the coast of S.C. we chose based on the same basic criteria.  3 or over projected, we were gone.  

1 minute ago, Pete H said:

When I was on the coast of S.C. we chose based on the same basic criteria.  3 or over projected, we were gone.  

My wife was trying to conceptualize what a cat 3 would do to the house. I told her to imagine putting our house on a trailer and towing it 120 mph down the highway.

• Like 3

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, Pete H said:

I know you're prepared, but are you prepared to leave?

Always, you have to be or your crazy, over a certain point and were not going to be here, you can't save anything by staying. You can replace your junk. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, dtel said:

Always, you have to be or your crazy, over a certain point and were not going to be here, you can't save anything by staying. You can replace your junk. 

That's for sure.  I hate it for all of you that might be in the path.  Been there, done that and it sucks, but there's trade offs no matter where you live.  Be safe.