Laura

Mallette

NPR update 3:30 PM est:

Hurricane Laura will make landfall as a major hurricane, with winds of around 115 mph and a storm surge up to 13 feet, when it strikes near the Louisiana-Texas border late Wednesday or early Thursday, according to the National Hurricane Center.

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Always, you have to be or your crazy, over a certain point and were not going to be here, you can't save anything by staying. You can replace your junk. 

I'm rather fond of my junk.  Lol.

Forecasted eye is about a mile or so from the house.  We'll look at it again tomorrow.   Sometimes they take a jog overnight or lessen in intensity.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, richieb said:

You know all too well I wish for your safety and in another thread touted you were a Boy Scout and always prepared. Make it so —

(don’t forget your water floaties) 🙏

Floaties inflated and ready to go.  This seems like it will be more of wind event than rain though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Thats not an option at this point.  Its a matter of how hard it'll hit us. 

All of you folks close to where it will be the strongest are in our prayers!

However, if Laura gobbles up your extensive liquor supply I hope, in her drunkenness, she wobbles off towards Yuma, AZ and misses us up here in East Texas!!!!!!

Looks like we are going to get some heavy rains and winds up here, but both will be greater over near the Texas/Louisiana Stateline. At the moment they are projecting that it could still be a Category 1 when it reaches Shreveport, LA;  YIKES!!!!!!

I went out today and got extra gas for our generator just in case we have any power losses in our area!

• Like 1