Laura

Mallette

My son in laws brother is a policeman in Orange TX.  He naturally had to stay during the storm.   Orange is pretty much ground 0 for this storm.  Supposedly they have a cat 5 rated facility for him to stay in.  We're all praying for them.

• Like 6

• Moderators
On 8/24/2020 at 11:34 AM, CECAA850 said:

This thing has been projected to hit from Corpus to the Florida pan handle.  Beaumont has been in the crosshairs several times and then the path moves.  I really think having 2 storms so close to each other is messing with predictions.  They have no previous models to go by.  Everyone from TX to FL needs to be on alert and begin basic preparations.  We started yesterday and will continue this evening after I get home from work.  I hope all our prep is for nothing.

Just a bad flu. Way over blown by media . . . wait, wrong place.

Been thinking about everyone in Houston, Beaumont across Bammy and Mississippi. Looks like TX/AR and Hope are even in for it.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

We're at my daughters house now which is just north of Houston.  Well head home tomorrow as soon as we're able.

Nothing like waiting until the last minute to leave!  I hope everything stays put in Beaumont.  Most of my family in Harris or Montgomery county, near where you are now.  Hopefully all of you will be out of harm's way.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

We're at my daughters house now which is just north of Houston.  Well head home tomorrow as soon as we're able.

I saw the Mayor of Beaumont on the news calling for a mandatory evacuation or you are own you own. I texted her about your preparedness and having been a Boy Scout. “Bless his heart” — 

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

I saw the Mayor of Beaumont on the news calling for a mandatory evacuation or you are own you own. I texted her about your preparedness and having been a Boy Scout. “Bless his heart” — 

I know Becky.  My wife worked for her for years. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Seadog said:

Nothing like waiting until the last minute to leave! 

It was cheaper, he just let the wind blow him, he had to close the sun roof since his head got no traction off the wind.

1 hour ago, Seadog said:

Hopefully all of you will be out of harm's way.

But on to the important things, is the boat OK ? 

• Like 1