Laura

Mallette

6 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Expected to further increase and looking at the tide charts, may not hit at the best time either.  

it's widening  -- tonight is the night  - Houston is not getting the brunt of it ---

2 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

My in-laws lost their home to Rita, so we are real concerned that could happen again.

let's hope if doesnt ---but they got crews on the way  all over  ------good luck for your in-laws

20 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

No traffic to speak of this late in the game.   There never is this close to landfall.  

Grab your insurance papers and GIT !!!

We'll talk to ya later.

* From 1p cdt to 2 the pressure dropped again... 4 points, it's still getting worse:excl2:

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Deang said:

This looks real bad. 

Carl, are you staying? 

@dtel you guys in the path of this thing?

No it's 4 hours west of us, just light wind and a little rain.

But now the winds are up to 140 sustained by the storm.

My heart goes out to all in harm's way ... particularly those that are sick or disabled. Today, my Asthma is letting me know that it still exists. I ran short of breath just talking with my brother. Can't imagine feeling like this and having to evacuate -- yet I know so many have to do just that. 

For those of you with experience in these sorts of events, do the "experts" tell you how far away you need to travel to be safe?  weather channel just now said that the surge could extend as far as 40 miles inland.  they're using the phrase "Unsurvivable Storm Surge."

Sounds like a big one!  Never left home for one but that's just me.  One problem leaving is sometimes you aren't allowed back for several days.  Be safe whatever your choice but time is running short.

I'm still working with insurance on the last little mishap.

IMG_0079.JPG

• Like 2

had a big branch of a tree fall directly onto our front porch once ... a few minutes after my wife had left for work.  I had called the landlord and told him that there was a widow maker threatening the house -- he blew it off. then I called back and told him that it fell and now damaged the section of roof overhanging the porch. suddenly, he was interested and he came out to see that.