Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mallette

Laura

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Our power company has pretty much shut everything down to try and keep the grid intact.  No eta on repairs.  Est 650k to 1 million without power now.  We're on the generator.   Gas meter is spinning like a top as it runs on natural gas.  I'm cycling it every 30 minutes to an hour.

My wife want one because all of her ER's have them.

 

How large did you go 27KW, 30 KW? Generac brand?

 

What will it operate based on the KW you have? She thinks she can flip on ac, dry clothes and run hair dryer same time. 

 

Why does NG still flow? I know it's under pressure, but that's because it needs compression station every 70 to 100 miles. Is dual fuel (diesel plus NG) necessary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

My wife want one because all of her ER's have them.

 

How large did you go 27KW, 30 KW? Generac brand?

 

What will it operate based on the KW you have? She thinks she can flip on ac, dry clothes and run hair dryer same time. 

 

Why does NG still flow? I know it's under pressure, but that's because it needs compression station every 70 to 100 miles. Is dual fuel (diesel plus NG) necessary?

 

There is this thing called "shedding" if the load becomes contaminated by female thinking.

JJK

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

My wife want one because all of her ER's have them.

 

How large did you go 27KW, 30 KW? Generac brand?

 

What will it operate based on the KW you have? She thinks she can flip on ac, dry clothes and run hair dryer same time. 

 

Why does NG still flow? I know it's under pressure, but that's because it needs compression station every 70 to 100 miles. Is dual fuel (diesel plus NG) necessary?

20kw Generac.  Its not like being on the grid but its a hell of a lot better than nothing.  Itll run a 5 ton air conditioner but its a heavy load and doesn't cool as efficiently as on the grid.  Ill turn it off and run the 1 ton in the garage.  It stays nice out there.   When its running its always powering 2 fridges and a chest freezer.  We got it 11 years ago and its been flawless.  I do maintenance on it every 2 years and have maybe changed the battery 3 times.  It's an air cooled 999 cc v twin.  Larger kw Generacs are water cooled and really jump up in price.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're currently on the grid.  Power came on around midnight.  There are rolling black outs going on in an attempt to keep from damaging the grid even further.  We'll be without power frequently for quite some time i would imagine.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the early 90's we had an ice storm here and were without power for 7 days. A friend of mine borrowed my 12.5kw generator for the next three weeks as he was without power for a month. 12.5kw was plenty for us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

We're currently on the grid.

Sweet. Can't complain about that. They've told my in-laws it could be as long as a month. It was 15 days after Rita before they got it back.

 

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Sweet. Can't complain about that. They've told my in-laws it could be as long as a month. It was 15 days after Rita before they got it back.

 

Just got notification on my phone that rolling black outs have ended in our area.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

20kw Generac.  Its not like being on the grid but its a hell of a lot better than nothing.  Itll run a 5 ton air conditioner but its a heavy load and doesn't cool as efficiently as on the grid.  Ill turn it off and run the 1 ton in the garage.  It stays nice out there.   When its running its always powering 2 fridges and a chest freezer.  We got it 11 years ago and its been flawless.  I do maintenance on it every 2 years and have maybe changed the battery 3 times.  It's an air cooled 999 cc v twin.  Larger kw Generacs are water cooled and really jump up in price.

sure looks like a grass mower tractor motor -------but  it's designed  specifically  for generators ------

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2020 at 10:43 AM, CECAA850 said:

I'm here aren't i?

it was pretty close ,  but all is well that ends well -------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2020 at 2:18 PM, Mallette said:

 House was only slightly damage, roof and privacy fence. 

Dave

Super good news Dave ----Happy to hear that you and your Family are ok  -----it's not perfect , but much better than expected -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A photo of that 2 car garage I mentioned. I'm calling that a total loss.

 

118287738_10214750449794143_1872223862568628651_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=8L4891Q8In0AX8QOqmL&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.xx&oh=a2e7cd92bdbe384f2ea535a827a18e81&oe=5F6F79CA

  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope the Silverado or the Lariat weren't inside of it.

& like you mentioned before glad that they are OK!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

it was pretty close ,  but all is well that ends well -------

Too close for comfort.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Too close for comfort.

razor-sharp , I would not have wanted to be in your shoes --Godspeed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

I'm calling that a total loss.

You don't need to be an insurance adjuster to see that, what a mess. That's hard for them and many others to have to deal with things like this and worse at there age. But also they know more than us being here longer that anything can happen. Glad they were alright.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A picture tells the story to an adjuster, or should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JL Sargent tell them not to throw anything away until after the insurance people come for the inspection.   That includes carpet and drywall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

tell them not to throw anything away

I'll do it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2020 at 4:39 PM, CECAA850 said:

@JL Sargent tell them not to throw anything away until after the insurance people come for the inspection.   That includes carpet and drywall.

best advice , or if you have to  throw anything , place it in a container and take pictures   , lots of pictures  ----------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...