The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dave A

Mid Range MAHL style horn

Just now, Coytee said:

Maybe I'd be trading my wife...maybe

Hmmmm now the prize (or gotcha) is on you!

I have one of those and I doubt two would be wise. I am open to bullion and things that go bang however.

the Horn is not flush  , very practical  for top hats of  khorns  / LS

1385601278_standalone4.JPG.418ff1d64ba595d17b6e954fbcd72d00.JPG

Khorn Upgrades Installation - Klipsch Upgrades by Volti Audio

Dave. You do great work. I have one of the first runs of the tweeter lens and have seen the updated and final run of them. I like all of them and the work is Top notch either way
Can’t wait to see these in person. Hopefully I can save up for a set. I’d like the table top Version myself, as I’d want to show it off and not hide it behind a speaker grill. Lol
Keep up the great work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

-am I understanding it correctly ---these are an equivalent  for the k-400/401   for the KHORN-    would they fit a SCALA--

Not an equivalent...mo betta...if they are anything like the eliptrac that GotHover used to make. Especially b/c you can put a 2" driver on it.

9 minutes ago, babadono said:

Not an equivalent...mo betta...if they are anything like the eliptrac that GotHover used to make. Especially b/c you can put a 2" driver on it.

the Eliptrac 400 - yes    -I remember-   Dave's horn looks like it's one step above that -

1 minute ago, RandyH000 said:

the Eliptrac 400 - yes    -I remember-   Dave's horn looks like it's one step above that -

Great sounding horn, i still have a set that I need to find a project for. 

image.jpeg.7e457f69aa67e6563ea79836bc9e2577.jpeg

That baffle is just screaming.... " I need a better midrange horn!"  lol  Can the entire baffle come off and just make a new one?  That way, you can always put them back to stock and sell them if you're so inclined.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 1:53 PM, avguytx said:

My Belle clones just might need to evolve to another level here potentially!

We'll see how far down they measure, which, I'm guessing will be between 500-700 Hz.with the right driver.

On 8/25/2020 at 2:19 PM, RandyH000 said:

-am I understanding it correctly ---these are an equivalent  for the k-400/401   for the KHORN-    would they fit a SCALA--

no

Oh if only a set for those of us with tiny horns ... careful 'ya all ... what would happen in a Super Heresy setup with both horns from @Dave A, one has to ask?  Yes I know it has to be different for the K700/701, but if you don't ask Santa for the gift ... well, 'ya just don't get it! 

5 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

Oh if only a set for those of us with tiny horns ... careful 'ya all ... what would happen in a Super Heresy setup with both horns from @Dave A, one has to ask?  Yes I know it has to be different for the K700/701, but if you don't ask Santa for the gift ... well, 'ya just don't get it! 

Stay tuned for some answers by fall.

• Like 1

Ouch, a Christmas time marketing teaser.  I'll put together my paper route funds now!  I already have v1 @Dave A tweeters in the Super Heresy ...

2 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

We'll see how far down they measure, which, I'm guessing will be between 500-700 Hz.with the right driver.

I probably won't change from the A-55G driver for the mid.  I guess it will all depend on the end results.

On 8/26/2020 at 2:23 PM, Mr. Bissness said:

Sign me up for a set. These are just what I need to try with my Shorthorns.

F0301C04-F47E-4135-9029-AB5265559E43.jpeg

You are a candidate for a set of free standing ones. I personally would not think of cutting up a set of historical speakers like those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

You are a candidate for a set of free standing ones. I personally would not think of cutting up a set of historical speakers like those.

Nah, it's just old lumber anyhow. Commitment is the key!

• Like 1

Dave. Have you come up with a price yet ?
Please let me know when you have it worked out

14 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Nah, it's just old lumber anyhow. Commitment is the key!

Yes but THERE'S MORE!! He can have old lumber and new horns and keep  them all. He needs to do something about that tweeter too. I guess I have a soft spot for older Klipsch. I had a pair of H-700's that were not matching but rather than cover them up and turn them into Supers I sold them on as is to someone I think will preserve and keep them. Speaking of old lumber I get four single MWM bins later this week. Like I really need to get more.

10 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

Dave. Have you come up with a price yet ?
Please let me know when you have it worked out

Be Patient Carl I don't even have one for testing yet. I will keep the forum up to date on things as they happen.

4 hours ago, Dave A said:

rather than cover them up and turn them into Supers I sold them on as is to someone I think will preserve and keep them.

So I guess this means using up space for a home MUSEUM is more important than better sound from those boxes. I don't share that philosophy as the buyer did. I prefer to optimize the sound of every box whenever possible, using the latest technology, if doable and affordable, which it is!