Klipsch RF7-III Issue

Klipsch2020

Just bought a brand new pair of Klipsch RF7-III in Walnut. Beautiful speaker. Opened up the first box no issues whatsoever. Opened up the second one and attached the Plinth and Floor Spikes. Stood the speaker up vertical to move into place, then this happened. Bought from a Retailer, very understanding and helpful. Any thoughts on what to do? 

20200824_180956.jpg

Edited by Klipsch2020

8 minutes ago, MechEngVic said:

If your speakers had consecutive serial numbers, I'd return both for a new set with consecutive serial numbers. That is actually quite the alarming defect.

They are, in fact consecutive. Yes, my jaw nearly hit the floor when we tilted it ever so slightly and the entire baffle flung out. Package was shipped on a pallet to my job. From truck to my pickup. Straight home. Stayed banded on the pallet to prevent any issues. I am 100% sure it was not a shipping issue. 

I'm sorry this happened to you.  I agree with what the other members suggested.  Arrange a return and hope for better luck with the shipping .  I know it will be a potential hassle, but you are entitled to a perfect set of speakers that you paid for.  In addition, you shouldn't have to pay to ship them back.  This wasn't your fault. 

Klipsch has never been known for their super solid cabinets... for example, they have had many issues with speaker cabinets coming apart due to defective glue and lack of a decent design!  (I know first hand as I have repaired many of the years!)  So, hopefully this is not the case with the new RF7's.

I cringe every time I hit the "buy" button and have something nice shipped to me...

Anyway, good luck with finding a solution to your problem.

1 minute ago, Klipsch2020 said:

I am 100% sure it was not a shipping issue.

I wouldn't rule that out.  I built a custom pair of speakers and shipped them from Illinois to New York.  At the request of the buyer, I had the UPS store package them (even though I would have done a better job!) and ship them.  Well, the packages arrived seemingly in decent shape, with the expected slight box corners pushed in, but it had plenty of space between that and the actual speakers.  However, when the buyer connected them to his system, there was no low end.... the mids and tweeters worked fine however.  At first I thought maybe crossover damage in shipping?  But that would be odd that both of them went out.  So, I had the buyer remove one of the woofers.... and the pictures he sent made my jaw drop!  All 4 of the magnets on the woofers were sheered off and sitting at the bottom of the cabinets!  I always run a brace under each woofer magnet for support.... so you know these had to be dropped off the back of a truck....perhaps multiple times!!!!  So, I never underestimate the amount of damage that can be done by shipping companies!  Sometimes I think it's a competition to see who can out due one another.

54 minutes ago, Klipsch2020 said:

Any thoughts on what to do?

Defects are covered under the warranty ---call the retailer and send them the pictures for an exchange  , there is nothing else you can do - but wait for a 2nd pair -

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Defects are covered under the warranty ---call the retailer and send them the pictures for an exchange  , there is nothing else you can do - but wait for a 2nd pair -

Retailer called Klipsch on my behalf, setting up 2nd pair with return and delivery paid. Thumbs up on customer service from Klipsch and them! 

Still extremely disheartening there aren't 4 or 5 recessed fasteners on both sides to prevent this to begin with. 🤔  

Edited by Klipsch2020
  • Like 2

Yea that's definitely a real let down , I'll bet you felt like crying. But don't worry, it will turn out ok. I've even heard stories about a damaged sub, and Klipsch said "here's a new one, you can keep the old one if you like" I doubt they would do that here, but just shows how far they will go for a customer.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Klipsch2020 said:

Thumbs up on customer service from Klipsch and them! 

Still extremely disheartening there are 4 or 5 recessed fasteners on both sides to prevent this to begin with. 🤔 

that's very good news  for sure -- the Assembly line  missed a crucial step , with covid 19 , and all that is happening ,  workers are making  mistakes -

3 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

that's very good news  for sure -- the Assembly line  missed a crucial step , with covid 19 , and all that is happening ,  workers are making  mistakes -

Absolutely. I feel many companies have not gotten it right the first time lately.  

31 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Yea that's definitely a real let down , I'll bet you felt like crying. But don't worry, it will turn out ok. I've even heard stories about a damaged sub, and Klipsch said "here's a new one, you can keep the old one if you like" I doubt they would do that here, but just shows how far they will go for a customer.

yes, sat down looked at it and just shook my head. For costing nearly 4k should be better. I will say after having a set of RF7s for about 5 years the one (right) sounds amazing by itself so I greatly applaud that 👏 

1 minute ago, rebuy said:

Open Baffle Klipsch

Lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Yeah, like ordering take out food. Getting a correct order has been next to impossible.