Rc-7 or Rp450c

Robert Olson

3 hours ago, Robert Olson said:

Guy didn’t budge got em for $325

Huh?:huh:

I thought you said he wanted $400.00?   Either way, good score.

3 hours ago, Robert Olson said:

I’m currently using my Rs-3ii as rear surround and rp-51 as surrounds do I put my rs-7 as rear surrounds or surrounds?

Side surrounds of course.  You want the better speakers in place where the most surround information is mixed and that is in the surround channels.

Bill

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Willland and Wuzzer are both good guys and always helpful, they know their stuff.

That is a very kind thing to say.  Thirteen years ago you would not have been able to say that about me with a straight face.:lol:

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I'm glad you stayed around, it's actually a terrific place.

Could not agree more.

Bill

1 hour ago, willland said:

Huh?:huh:

I thought you said he wanted $400.00?   Either way, good score.

Side surrounds of course.  You want the better speakers in place where the most surround information is mixed and that is in the surround channels.

Bill

When he told me $400 the other person interested said he was coming to get them that evening told me that i could take em if I brought him $400 and cane right away (I kinda was begging him lol) I said naw it was all good ... played his game with him then got a message day or so later saying the guy backed out and they were up for grabs I said $300 ! And he stayed at $325 glad I got them 

7 hours ago, Robert Olson said:

Guy didn’t budge got em for $325 now need to make a decision I’m currently using my Rs-3ii as rear surround and rp-51 as surrounds do I put my rs-7 as rear surrounds or surrounds? Do I dump the 51s or the ra-3iis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's generally recommended to have bookshelf or direct radiating speakers such as your 51s as rear surrounds.  That said, I'm using wide dispersion-type speakers as rear surrounds and I really like them. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Robert Olson said:

should of been more clear any specific upgrades i can do to the rs-7

About the only thing would be better capacitors in the crossovers but I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make.

It's generally recommended to have bookshelf or direct radiating speakers such as your 51s as rear surrounds.  That said, I'm using wide dispersion-type speakers as rear surrounds and I really like them. 

My room setup is a bit small these are the RS-3ii as my side surround the second pic I had the book shelf as my tears the one tear gets pulled forward when I watch movies the room is like 14x17 sucky I know with all this big gear but intention is to build a house in the next couple years gonna end up using bookshelf’s one other rooms or sell them and do ceiling mounts house wide not sure yet lol my vhorusii are in a diff room the 280 fs in third pic are going to be sold as I have the RF7 now aa3f392f8eb264a700af45265b0a9b57.jpg

26ef30bbbe37674ad313d68a4b201adf.jpg

93b2ec0588c11ab7202d3edcbef250da.jpg

Last pic is the setup with my RC-7 I was able to nab for $300 the RP450c is up for sale too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk71c916da86c1cd4784f0b2097f76fa1b.jpg

9 hours ago, willland said:

That is a very kind thing to say.  Thirteen years ago you would not have been able to say that about me with a straight face.:lol:

Could not agree more.

Bill

You're always helping someone with questions, and you're pretty good at helping people spend their money 😁

What I like about this place, not a lot of condescending attitude sent to someone with a basic question, like my questions. Their is a lot of knowledge here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

That looks really awesome!  Definitely a great use of the space.

I'm up in Alexandria by the way!  Originally from Saint Cloud.

I’m just south of Hutchinson spend a lot of time up by Sauk center familiar with the Alex area 

9 hours ago, Robert Olson said:

My room setup is a bit small these are the RS-3ii as my side surround the second pic I had the book shelf as my tears the one tear gets pulled forward when I watch movies the room is like 14x17 sucky I know with all this big gear but intention is to build a house in the next couple years gonna end up using bookshelf’s one other rooms or sell them and do ceiling mounts house wide not sure yet lol my vhorusii are in a diff room the 280 fs in third pic are going to be sold as I have the RF7 now aa3f392f8eb264a700af45265b0a9b57.jpg

26ef30bbbe37674ad313d68a4b201adf.jpg

93b2ec0588c11ab7202d3edcbef250da.jpg

Last pic is the setup with my RC-7 I was able to nab for $300 the RP450c is up for sale too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk71c916da86c1cd4784f0b2097f76fa1b.jpg

So I think I’ve decided that I’m gonna use the rc7 as sides and the RS3ii as rears I have them I might as well lol gonna ditch the 2 112sw subs for a SVSPB3000 or 4000 haven’t decided and put my chorus II’s up front and take and move the 280fs use them as my front wide channel idk it’s so loud and crisp clear I fall into Coma toast state listening to some real good Hi-Fi recordings Thanks everyone it’s taken me some time but I’ve finally almost done!! (For now 😝😝😝)