Jub-Peavey for sale

HPower

Hey guys,

I have lowered the price from my original ask of $3600cnd down to $3300cnd

I have decided to list my active 2-way speaker system to make room for my next project.

I started out with a pair of Peavey, FH-1 bass cabinets that I laminated with 1/2 inch Baltic Birch on all 6 sides via screws and PL.
I swapped the drivers out for a pair of Crites cast woofers, Bob’s fantastic CW1526CF.
For the hi frequency I went with the Klipsch K 510 horns which IMHO are only second to the mighty K 402!
The 510s are backed with the very good Faital HF-200 compression drivers.
All internal wiring is Supra PLY3.4 Speaker Wire, one of my favourite affordable speaker cables.
https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/speaker-wire/supra-ply3.4-speaker-wire-per-foot-12-awg/

To house the K 510 / HF-200s, I built the Top Hats out of Baltic Birch and counter sunk the horns to give them a nice flush look.
The HF-200s are a big compression driver, so I used a pair of Crites midrange horn/driver support brackets and pair of 2 inch gaskets to steady the ship.

I used Black Duratex to refinish the insides of the FH-1 folds as well as coat the bottoms of the bass bins and top hats, then installed some rubber feet
for each of the 4 cabinets.

For the final touch I veneered the cabinets with flat cut Walnut and applied some Rubio Monocrat Oil 2C in Pure (Natural).
I was able to book match all the cabinets pretty well, even looking down from the top with the top hats on the bass bins.

I did take a bunch of build pics as I went along if anybody would like to see what all went on with these babies.

Please keep in mind that these are designed to be run actively, I use a Xilica XP-4080 crossover with a SS amp on the
bass bins and then a SET tube amp on the Hi Frequency.
So you will need a similar active crossover or source a passive Xover from someone like Bob Crites or ALK Engineering.
But, I really highly recommend active and I am more than happy to share my XP-4080 settings (THANKS, Chris) that have been dialled in
for Crossover points, Time delay, EQ and Gains (although gains would need to be adjusted for what ever amps you use).

This system is very fun to listen to and so far has only been bettered by the Klipsch Jubilee clones that I built several years back.

If following distancing and mask protocol, a limited audition could be set up, but only for those very serious to buy.

With the current travel bans across the Canada / USA borders, and the size of these, local sale is the only logistic sales route.

So, lets hope we have a Klipsch forum member in the GTA or South Western Ontario area that would like these for their listening room.

Asking $3,300cnd.

Which is about $2,300usd.

IMG_0991_sm2.thumb.jpg.6a3f9bdd9fc9ef093675bae82ffca25d.jpg

IMG_0985_sm2.thumb.jpg.43295c21087ed17cce2a37d6de8cbeff.jpg

IMG_0980_sm2.thumb.jpg.870c062511f7bcf40cfbf4a2df6e7742.jpg

IMG_0989_sm2.thumb.jpg.82c3a9159d87634ab5796efd8d3cac1b.jpg

For more and better res pics, have a look here...

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649648769-klipsch-peavey-jub-peavey/

Thanks for looking.

• Like 9

Thanks wuzzzer!

Thanks Shakeydeal

These guys were a ton of work and they really did turn out great, and with all Chris's patience an help, they sound just as good as they look.

I was also very lucky when I sourced the Walnut veneer.

It took 2: 5 x10 ft sheets which happened to almost identical.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

What is on the side of the bass bin?  Handles?   I can't really tell. 

Ya Carl, those are the OG Peavey handles that I countersunk into the original spots to give a nice flush effect with the Walnut veneer.

I like the look, and it does make it a little easier to move the cabinets around.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HPower said:

Ya Carl, those are the OG Peavey handles that I countersunk into the original spots to give a nice flush effect with the Walnut veneer.

I like the look, and it does make it a little easier to move the cabinets around.

I'll bet.  It looks phenomenal.   

• 2 years later...
On 6/7/2023 at 4:05 PM, canadre said:

These wouldn't still be for sale all these years later, would they be!!??? One could only hope...

As a matter of fact I am still running these as my everyday speaker system, although I am currently playing them with

the K-402 / K-691 instead of the K-510 / HF-200.

I might be persuaded to let them go, but with the elapsed time and inflation, I would probably need at least my original asking price of $3600cnd.

From your handle, I am assuming you are a fellow Canuck?

If so, where are you located?

I am about 45 minutes north of Toronto.