The wife will be gone

The Dude

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The wife will be leaving on Friday for about week.  What would you do (hookers and blow are not an option as the kids will still be here)?  I have some ideas, they involve speakers, amps, turntables, and multiple rooms. 

When the wife is away, I typically add some new gear to the mix, or move really big speakers into the living room that she hasn't given the thumbs up on . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pete H said:

When the wife is away, I typically add some new gear to the mix, or move really big speakers into the living room that she hasn't given the thumbs up on . 

That is more or less what I will be doing, unfortunately, they will have to make their way back to the garage or basement. 

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The wife will be leaving on Friday for about week.  What would you do (hookers and blow are not an option as the kids will still be here)?  I have some ideas, they involve speakers, amps, turntables, and multiple rooms. 

Can you dial that back to sluts and whiskey and get away with it?

Just use what ya got and turn it up louder than usual and call it a win.

Just make sure the house is clean and no dishes in the sink when she returns and all will be good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I would have  tons of pizza ,  fast food , chicken , steak  and beer --

• Like 2

Man ol man, when the wife’s away I plan very nice dinners that are typically expensive or a pain to cook for two.

After a good days work the Stereo gets turned on to MY jams and the ritual of tossing a couple of beers or a sip or two of bourbon while prepping a bad *** dinner begins! 

No griping about how late I jammin or what im listening to.  Just me and the dogs without all the ,,,, interference from the wife! 

Now don’t get me wrong we been together for 20years I just enjoy my break from time to time 😎

Edited by INDY K
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, INDY K said:

Man ol man, when the wife’s away I plan very nice dinners that are typically expensive or a pain to cook for two.

After a good days work the Stereo gets turned on to MY jams and the ritual of tossing a couple of beers or a sip or two of bourbon while prepping a bad *** dinner begins! 

No griping about how late I jammin or what im listening to.  Just me and the dogs without all the ,,,, interference from the wife! 

Now don’t get me wrong we been together for 20years I just enjoy my break from time to time 😎

that's fine as long as you didn't wish her into the cornfield.

Can you dial that back to sluts and whiskey and get away with it?
Just use what ya got and turn it up louder than usual and call it a win.
Just make sure the house is clean and no dishes in the sink when she returns and all will be good.
Possibly, my wife and I have this joking conversation about hiring prostitutes to perform house hold chores. If I tell my wife that the whiskey was payment for the sluts to do the dishes, I think she'll be ok with it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I would have  tons of pizza ,  fast food , chicken , steak  and beer --
When the wife first discovered she has a wheat intolerance, we went full gluten free. After months of the kids and I eating gluten free, we would get that opportunity to go get fried chicken and pizza and instantly regret. Its so good, so we will more than likely do it again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, The Dude said:
10 hours ago, dtel said:
Still trying to get past the part of The Dude has a wife and kids.

Me too. Who would have known?

I feel that way all the time, they allowed me to have kids, and with 0 instructions, just goes to show the requirements are very low.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I was never shy to party around my kids (not as terrible as were talking), but yeah...they know me already.

Same here, they were going to see it one day anyway, the average stuff anyway.

That happens to me one Friday night a month when my wife is out with her "dog" (I do mean dogs,. real dogs) friends for a girl's night out.

I stay home with our (boy) dog.

I call it "boy's night in"

On goes an initial medley of Avril Lavergne with the opening track from Alice in Wonderland --> Extreme - Am I Ever Gonna Change --> Insane Clown Posse, Welcome to the Carnival.

All at house shaking levels