VRD ultralinear, triode switch

hcnelly

Just wondering, I have my newer Vrd stereo amp set at ultralinear 100% of the time. I was wondering, once my vrd amp is warmed up, if I could switch to triode mode on the fly? Or do I need to have it set at triode before I fire the Vrd amp up? Thanks,

Chad

1 hour ago, hcnelly said:

Just wondering, I have my newer Vrd stereo amp set at ultralinear 100% of the time. I was wondering, once my vrd amp is warmed up, if I could switch to triode mode on the fly? Or do I need to have it set at triode before I fire the Vrd amp up? Thanks,

Chad

The best thing is to call Craig and ask him about this as well as the best kt88 tubes to use in his amps.  We designers get insulted if folks ask others for advice about our creations 😀😀😀

Maynard

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, NOSValves said:

Hey guys On The Fly is just fine the only thing is you'll most likely get a electric spark sound out of your speakers. It's not spark going to your speakers its just the amplifier reproducing the sound of the connection change. 

There's your answer