Unison Research Italy Simply or Triode 25 for Klipsch Heresy iii

Jee

I have bought klipsch heresy iii and I am decided to buy Unison Research integrated tube amplifier, but I would like to know between Italy Simply and Triode 25 which one I should go for or which one is the best matching for klipsch heresy iii. I have listened variety song including hiphop R&B and jazz could anyone give me an advice please. Thank you in advance.

Wow, two nice pieces you are choosing between. 

I don't know your speakers so I won't comment on that.

I just came here to say wow, two nice pieces ..... lol.

I have the Triode on my list. I was also looking at the Simply Italy.

Might still but not sure that my PSB Imagine T2 Towers would match up well.

Good Luck

I like single ended and definitely class A but then your choice in music may be entirely different than mine. In general you can expect better vocals with class A SE with decent bass and wonderful soundstage and really good bass and decent vocals with a PP class A/B. Exceptions to every rule depending on quality of amplifier. Do not believe there will be a wrong choice with either one. I like the EL34 family of tubes. 

• Like 1

Thank you very much for all advice. For my music type seem I should go for Triode25 but 

many review match klipsch heresy iii with Italy Simply so I just wondering that is ltaly Simply more matching than Triode25?

Thank you very much for all advice. For my music type seem I should go for Triode25 but 

many review match klipsch heresy iii with Italy Simply so I just wondering that is ltaly Simply more matching than Triode25?

6 hours ago, Jee said:

Good choice. The uninformed have a way of thinking more watts has to be better, right? That being said though hard rockers, pop music and rappers will probably favor the PP amplifiers with more power though. For me a good 5 watt amplifier is what I am looking for in SET which is by it's nature class A. 

6 hours ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

EDIT : 

Jee,

I did more research,  and see both amps use 12AU7.  What I am about to say is 100% OPTIONAL !!!   

In my opinion, and from what I read on line, in the case of Simply Italy, that is likely NOT the very best tube choice, for the front end tube.  Usable, but it can be bettered. 

I would look to eventually have a VERY EXPERIENCED technician replace the 12AU7 with a 6FQ7/6CG7.  It will require an internal wire change on the filaments.  It should sound nicer than the same amp with a 12AU7 as the input tube.  Would likely be superb.  Lovely tube, more linear.  Welcome to this Forum !! 

The 12AU7 is a fine tube which will not detract from the sound quality of an amp.  If you are pleased with the sound I recommend that you do not seek modifications which are based on the opinion of someone whose auditory system is totally different from yours.

Maynard

• Like 4

I own a Simply Italy amp and am using it with Klipsch LaScala speakers that are 103db or 105db sensitivity. The Simply Italy is 12 watts per channel and drives the LaScala's to ear bleeding levels with no issues. I also have a pair of Opera Grand Mezza speakers made by the parent company of Unison Research and they are 89db sensitivity.

When hooked up to the Simply Italy and listening to the Grand Mezza's at a louder level, the Simply Italy struggles a bit to pump the sound out of them. At regular listening levels the Simply Italy and the Opera Grand Mezza's sound fantastic, not as good as the LaScala's but still sound nice.

The Klipsch Heresy III's are 90db sensitivity so JUST BASED on the stats I would think that you would go for the Unison Research Triode 25 as it will have more power to drive a less efficient speaker. If you ever change your speakers down the road you will have the power to run other options.

Now with all that being said, a Class A SET amp (Simply Italy) compared to a Class A/B push pull amp (Triode 25) used with horn type speakers which you have has a "more live" engaging sound that some say is magical.

My comparison about my two sets of speakers is different than what you own as the Heresy's have a 12 inch woofer compared to my two 5 inch woofers in the Grand Mezza's. I would think the Heresy's would pump out the bass a lot better at higher volumes than mine.

Is there any where you can here the difference between the two amps with any type of speaker? That would be ideal if you could.

So... after all that I would go for the Simply Italy with the Heresy's and not worry about the power. BUT.... If you truly listen to loud music most of the times and want to bounce the glass off the table or hear heart pounding bass in your chair then I would look at the Triode 25. Just my opinion and have not heard the Heresy's or the Triode.

The Simply Italy works great with the 12AU7's. Once you get either amp, changing out the tubes to hear different types of tubes is something you can do if you choose to and can add to the sound.

Good luck with whatever choice you go with! Hopefully someone with the Triode can chime in.

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much for every one advice all of you give me very good information most of people and many on internet matching Klipsch Heresy iii with Italy Simply but listening to both of them would be the good way. Thank this Forum.

Looking at all these posts and trying not to mislead you.

I think it comes down to what you listen to. Me, I listen to a variety of music that the Simply Italy would shine with but my speakers have a 91db efficiency rating and I am not sure that would work with the SI. Your Klipsch are around the same so, that might just be an issue depending on the music you listen to.

I like my bass though and have to listen to Sabbath the odd time 😉

That would push me towards the Triode.

It's a tough decision and the reviews of the SI are just fantastic from forums I have been on.

The first watt matters and all that. 
Make sure you let us know what you choose! And, good luck.

Edited by JeffLebowski

Thank you very much again for every one. Most of people go for Italy Simply inculde many review on the internet matching Italy Simply with Klipsch Heritage speaker so anybody have experience with Triode25 could you share some information please

• 3 weeks later...

With the hiphop and R&B, I would go with the Triode25. 

I can listen to a lot of different music on my system with 3.5 watt 2a3 amps, but the bass can get a little loose. Going to the 25 watt SS amp cleans up the bottom end a lot. A higher powered tube amp would/should do the same.

• 3 weeks later...